Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: biniou
Alias: BIN, Bin, CG18647, DmFoxF, Dmbin, Dmel\CG18647, FOXF, FoxF, XIV, binI, l(3)65CEe, biniou, CG18647-PA, bin-PA, distal W5.4 group XIV
Species: fruit fly
- Mendoza García P, Hugosson F, Fallah M, Higgins M, Iwasaki Y, Pfeifer K, et al. The Zic family homologue Odd-paired regulates Alk expression in Drosophila. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006617 pubmed publisher..In addition, we identify enhancer elements that integrate input from additional TFs, such as Binou (Bin) and Bagpipe (Bap), to regulate VM expression of Alk in a combinatorial manner...
- Erceg J, Saunders T, Girardot C, Devos D, Hufnagel L, Furlong E. Subtle changes in motif positioning cause tissue-specific effects on robustness of an enhancer's activity. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004060 pubmed publisher..This result has important implications for human eQTL studies in which many associated mutations are found in cis-regulatory regions, though the mechanism for how they affect tissue-specific gene expression is often not understood. ..
- Gisselbrecht S, Barrera L, Porsch M, Aboukhalil A, Estep P, Vedenko A, et al. Highly parallel assays of tissue-specific enhancers in whole Drosophila embryos. Nat Methods. 2013;10:774-80 pubmed publisher..Application of eFS to other cell types and organisms should accelerate the cataloging of enhancers and understanding how transcriptional regulation is encoded in them. ..
- Ismat A, Schaub C, Reim I, Kirchner K, Schultheis D, Frasch M. HLH54F is required for the specification and migration of longitudinal gut muscle founders from the caudal mesoderm of Drosophila. Development. 2010;137:3107-17 pubmed publisher..our analysis of a CVM-specific enhancer from the Dorsocross locus, which requires combined inputs from HLH54F and Biniou in a feed-forward fashion...
- Taniguchi K, Hozumi S, Maeda R, Ooike M, Sasamura T, Aigaki T, et al. D-JNK signaling in visceral muscle cells controls the laterality of the Drosophila gut. Dev Biol. 2007;311:251-63 pubmed..Rac1, a Rho family small GTPase, augmented D-JNK signaling in this process. Our results also suggest that a basic mechanism for eliciting LR asymmetric gut looping may be conserved between vertebrates and invertebrates. ..
- Taylor M. Drosophila development: novel signal elicits visceral response. Curr Biol. 2002;12:R102-4 pubmed
- Bradley P, Myat M, Comeaux C, Andrew D. Posterior migration of the salivary gland requires an intact visceral mesoderm and integrin function. Dev Biol. 2003;257:249-62 pubmed..These findings suggest that salivary tube dimensions may be an intrinsic property of salivary gland cells. ..
- Zhu X, Ahmad S, Aboukhalil A, Busser B, Kim Y, Tansey T, et al. Differential regulation of mesodermal gene expression by Drosophila cell type-specific Forkhead transcription factors. Development. 2012;139:1457-66 pubmed publisher..in four mesodermal cell types is governed by the binding of multiple cell-specific Forkhead (Fkh) TFs - including Biniou (Bin), Checkpoint suppressor homologue (CHES-1-like) and Jumeau (Jumu) - to three functionally distinguishable Fkh-..
- Anderson M, Perkins G, Chittick P, Shrigley R, Johnson W. drifter, a Drosophila POU-domain transcription factor, is required for correct differentiation and migration of tracheal cells and midline glia. Genes Dev. 1995;9:123-37 pubmed
- Bargiela A, Llamusi B, Cerro Herreros E, Artero R. Two enhancers control transcription of Drosophila muscleblind in the embryonic somatic musculature and in the central nervous system. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e93125 pubmed publisher..The present study constitutes the first characterization of muscleblind enhancers and will contribute to a deeper understanding of the transcriptional regulation of the gene. ..
- Reim I, Hollfelder D, Ismat A, Frasch M. The FGF8-related signals Pyramus and Thisbe promote pathfinding, substrate adhesion, and survival of migrating longitudinal gut muscle founder cells. Dev Biol. 2012;368:28-43 pubmed publisher..We present experiments that allowed us to dissect the roles of these FGFs as guidance cues versus trophic activities during the migration of the longitudinal visceral muscle founders. ..
- Mazet F, Yu J, Liberles D, Holland L, Shimeld S. Phylogenetic relationships of the Fox (Forkhead) gene family in the Bilateria. Gene. 2003;316:79-89 pubmed..Our analyses suggest that the common ancestor of protostomes and deuterostomes had a minimum complement of 14 Fox genes. ..
- Rivas M, Cobreros L, Zeidler M, Hombria J. Plasticity of Drosophila Stat DNA binding shows an evolutionary basis for Stat transcription factor preferences. EMBO Rep. 2008;9:1114-20 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the ancestral STAT protein had the capacity to bind to 3n and 4n sites and that specific STAT binding preferences evolved with the radiation of the vertebrate STAT family. ..
- Vining M, Bradley P, Comeaux C, Andrew D. Organ positioning in Drosophila requires complex tissue-tissue interactions. Dev Biol. 2005;287:19-34 pubmed..These data further the understanding of how organ morphology and position are determined by three-dimensional constraints and guidance cues provided by neighboring tissues. ..
- Hudry B, Viala S, Graba Y, Merabet S. Visualization of protein interactions in living Drosophila embryos by the bimolecular fluorescence complementation assay. BMC Biol. 2011;9:5 pubmed publisher..Our results establish the general suitability of BiFC for revealing and studying protein interactions in their physiological context during the rapid course of Drosophila embryonic development. ..
- Zaffran S, Reim I, Qian L, Lo P, Bodmer R, Frasch M. Cardioblast-intrinsic Tinman activity controls proper diversification and differentiation of myocardial cells in Drosophila. Development. 2006;133:4073-83 pubmed
- Lo P, Zaffran S, Sénatore S, Frasch M. The Drosophila Hand gene is required for remodeling of the developing adult heart and midgut during metamorphosis. Dev Biol. 2007;311:287-96 pubmed
- Wilczynski B, Furlong E. Dynamic CRM occupancy reflects a temporal map of developmental progression. Mol Syst Biol. 2010;6:383 pubmed publisher..Systematic measurement of dynamic CRM occupancy may therefore serve as a powerful method to decode dynamic changes in gene expression driving developmental progression. ..
- Titsias M, Honkela A, Lawrence N, Rattray M. Identifying targets of multiple co-regulating transcription factors from expression time-series by Bayesian model comparison. BMC Syst Biol. 2012;6:53 pubmed publisher..Introducing data from several different experimental perturbations significantly increases the accuracy. ..
- Schaub C, Frasch M. Org-1 is required for the diversification of circular visceral muscle founder cells and normal midgut morphogenesis. Dev Biol. 2013;376:245-59 pubmed publisher..as a crucial founder cell-specific competence factor, in concert with the general visceral mesodermal factor Biniou. As such, it directly regulates several key genes involved in the establishment of morphogenetic centers along the ..
- Ha N, Polychronidou M, Lohmann I. COPS: detecting co-occurrence and spatial arrangement of transcription factor binding motifs in genome-wide datasets. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e52055 pubmed publisher..In sum, COPS is a fast, efficient and user-friendly tool mining statistically and biologically significant TFBS co-occurrences and therefore allows the identification of TFs that combinatorially regulate gene expression. ..
- Mar n M, Rodr guez J, Ferr s A. Transcription of Drosophila troponin I gene is regulated by two conserved, functionally identical, synergistic elements. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:1185-96 pubmed publisher..Also, abnormal stoichiometry among TnI isoforms, rather than their absolute levels, seems to cause the functional muscle defects...