Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: bic
Alias: 107/12, BcDNA.GM05329, BcDNA:GM05329, Bic, Btf, CG3644, Dmel\CG3644, E(2)Bic, E(Bic), l(2)49Da, l(2)k10712, l(2)vr22, vr22, bicaudal, CG3644-PA, CG3644-PB, bic-PA, bic-PB, enhancer of bicaudal
Species: fruit fly
- MacDonald P. Diversity in translational regulation. Curr Opin Cell Biol. 2001;13:326-31 pubmed..Diversity seems to be a central feature of translational control, both in the mechanisms themselves and in the situations where this form of regulation is used. ..
- Wu C, Howe M. A genetic analysis of the Suppressor 2 of zeste complex of Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 1995;140:139-81 pubmed..Psc is a member of the homeotic Polycomb group of genes. A general discussion of the Polycomb and trithorax group of genes, position-effect variegation, transvection, chromosome pairing and chromatin structure is presented...
- Kauffman S, Goodwin B. Spatial harmonics and pattern specification in early Drosophila development. Part II. The four colour wheels model. J Theor Biol. 1990;144:321-45 pubmed..The alternative familiar hypothesis that longitudinal position is specified in an "on" "off" combinatorial code does not readily account for the duplication deletion phenomena. ..
- Frohnhofer H, Lehmann R, Nusslein Volhard C. Manipulating the anteroposterior pattern of the Drosophila embryo. J Embryol Exp Morphol. 1986;97 Suppl:169-79 pubmed
- Pauli D, Oliver B, Mahowald A. Identification of regions interacting with ovoD mutations: potential new genes involved in germline sex determination or differentiation in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 1995;139:713-32 pubmed..These regions probably contain genes whose products act in developmental hierarchies that include ovo+ protein. ..
- Lasko P, Pardue M. Studies of the genetic organization of the vestigial microregion of Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 1988;120:495-502 pubmed..The distal breakpoints of twelve of 20 deficiencies overlapping Df(2R)vgB are genetically identical to that of Df(2R)vgD, coinciding with the position of a complex, pleiotropic locus, l(2)49Ea-Psc-Su(z)2. ..
- Temme C, Zhang L, Kremmer E, Ihling C, Chartier A, Sinz A, et al. Subunits of the Drosophila CCR4-NOT complex and their roles in mRNA deadenylation. RNA. 2010;16:1356-70 pubmed publisher..Nocturnin may also be involved in mRNA deadenylation, whereas there is no evidence for a similar role of Angel and 3635. ..