Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: beta4GalNAcTA
Alias: BcDNA:GH13356, CG8536, DmGalT, Dmel\CG8536, anon-WO0118547.128, b4GalNAcTA, beta4Gal-NAcTA, beta4GalNAcT1, beta4GalNacTA, beta4GalTA, dbeta4GalTA, beta4GalNAcTA, CG8536-PA, beta1,4-N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase, beta4GalNAcTA-PA
Species: fruit fly
- Kim K, Lawrence S, Park J, Pitts L, Vann W, Betenbaugh M, et al. Expression of a functional Drosophila melanogaster N-acetylneuraminic acid (Neu5Ac) phosphate synthase gene: evidence for endogenous sialic acid biosynthetic ability in insects. Glycobiology. 2002;12:73-83 pubmed..Homology searches of the Drosophila genome identified putative orthologues of other genes required for sialylation of glycoconjugates. ..
- Xu A, Haines N, Dlugosz M, Rana N, Takeuchi H, Haltiwanger R, et al. In vitro reconstitution of the modulation of Drosophila Notch-ligand binding by Fringe. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:35153-62 pubmed
- Swanson L, Yu M, Nelson K, Laprise P, Tepass U, Beitel G. Drosophila convoluted/dALS is an essential gene required for tracheal tube morphogenesis and apical matrix organization. Genetics. 2009;181:1281-90 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we present evidence indicating that Conv/dALS has a novel, IGF-signaling independent function in tracheal morphogenesis. ..
- Nakamura M, Pandey D, Panin V. Genetic Interactions Between Drosophila sialyltransferase and ?1,4-N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase-A Genes Indicate Their Involvement in the Same Pathway. G3 (Bethesda). 2012;2:653-6 pubmed publisher..We found that ?4GalNAcTA is epistatic to DSiaT. Our data suggest an intriguing possibility that ?4GalNAcTA may participate in the biosynthesis of sialylated glycans. ..
- Viswanathan K, Tomiya N, Park J, Singh S, Lee Y, Palter K, et al. Expression of a functional Drosophila melanogaster CMP-sialic acid synthetase. Differential localization of the Drosophila and human enzymes. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:15929-40 pubmed
- Harbison S, Sehgal A. Quantitative genetic analysis of sleep in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 2008;178:2341-60 pubmed publisher..The large mutational target that we observed implicates genes functioning in a variety of biological processes, suggesting that sleep may serve a number of different functions rather than a single purpose. ..
- Fernandes C, Rao Y. Genome-wide screen for modifiers of Parkinson's disease genes in Drosophila. Mol Brain. 2011;4:17 pubmed publisher..Further study of novel PD-interacting genes will shed new light on the function of PD genes and help in the development of new therapeutic strategies for treating Parkinson's disease. ..