Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ATPsynbeta
Description: ATP synthase, beta subunit
Alias: ATP, ATP syn-beta, ATP-B, ATP-syn-B, ATP-synbeta, ATPB, ATPase beta, ATPase-beta, ATPasebeta, ATPsyn b, ATPsyn-&bgr, ATPsyn-b, ATPsyn-beta, CG11154, Comp V beta, Dmel\CG11154, beta-ATPase, ATP synthase, beta subunit, ATP synthase, ATP synthase beta, ATP synthase beta chain, ATP synthase beta subunit, ATP synthase beta-subunit, ATP synthase subunit beta, ATP synthase subunit beta, mitochondrial, ATP synthase subunits beta, ATP synthase-beta, ATPsynbeta-PA, ATPsynbeta-PC, ATPsynbeta-PD, CG11154-PA, CG11154-PC, CG11154-PD, F0/F1 ATP synthase beta, F1ATP synthase, H+-ATPase beta subunit, beta-F1-ATPase, complex V beta
Species: fruit fly
- Wen J, Duan H, Bejarano F, Okamura K, Fabian L, Brill J, et al. Adaptive regulation of testis gene expression and control of male fertility by the Drosophila hairpin RNA pathway. [Corrected]. Mol Cell. 2015;57:165-78 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate organismal impact of hpRNA activity, since knockout of hpRNA1 derepresses its target ATP synthase-Î² in testes and compromises spermatogenesis and male fertility...
- Sun F, Haynes K, Simpson C, Lee S, Collins L, Wuller J, et al. cis-Acting determinants of heterochromatin formation on Drosophila melanogaster chromosome four. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:8210-20 pubmed..We propose that heterochromatin formation is initiated at dispersed repetitive elements along the fourth chromosome and spreads for approximately 10 kb or until encountering competition from a euchromatic determinant. ..
- Xun Z, Sowell R, Kaufman T, Clemmer D. Quantitative proteomics of a presymptomatic A53T alpha-synuclein Drosophila model of Parkinson disease. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2008;7:1191-203 pubmed publisher..Elevated expressions of heat shock protein 70 cognate 3 and ATP synthase are known to be directly involved in A53T alpha-synuclein-mediated toxicity and PD; three up-regulated proteins ..
- Vos M, Lovisa B, Geens A, Morais V, Wagnieres G, van den Bergh H, et al. Near-infrared 808 nm light boosts complex IV-dependent respiration and rescues a Parkinson-related pink1 model. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e78562 pubmed publisher..with 808 nm light that is absorbed by ETC-Complex IV acutely improves Complex IV-dependent oxygen consumption and ATP production, a feature that is wavelength-specific...
- Terhzaz S, Southall T, Lilley K, Kean L, Allan A, Davies S, et al. Differential gel electrophoresis and transgenic mitochondrial calcium reporters demonstrate spatiotemporal filtering in calcium control of mitochondria. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:18849-58 pubmed..calcium and that this resulted in both increased mitochondrial membrane polarization and elevated cellular ATP levels...
- Celotto A, Chiu W, Van Voorhies W, Palladino M. Modes of metabolic compensation during mitochondrial disease using the Drosophila model of ATP6 dysfunction. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25823 pubmed publisher..ATP6(1)animals have a nearly complete loss of ATP synthase activity and an acute bioenergetic deficit when they are asymptomatic, but surprisingly we discovered no ..
- Renfranz P, Siegrist S, Stronach B, Macalma T, Beckerle M. Molecular and phylogenetic characterization of Zyx102, a Drosophila orthologue of the zyxin family that interacts with Drosophila Enabled. Gene. 2003;305:13-26 pubmed
- Zeng Q, Avilov V, Shippy S. Prefractionation methods for individual adult fruit fly hemolymph proteomic analysis. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2016;1015-1016:74-81 pubmed publisher..The demonstration of this method establishes a means to deepen proteomic analysis to this commonly used, important biological model system. ..
- Di Cara F, Duca E, Dunbar D, Cagney G, Heck M. Invadolysin, a conserved lipid-droplet-associated metalloproteinase, is required for mitochondrial function in Drosophila. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:4769-81 pubmed publisher..Here, we present data demonstrating that invadolysin interacts physically with three mitochondrial ATP synthase subunits...
- Brower Toland B, Riddle N, Jiang H, Huisinga K, Elgin S. Multiple SET methyltransferases are required to maintain normal heterochromatin domains in the genome of Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 2009;181:1303-19 pubmed publisher..In addition, the genetic interactions between dSETDB1 and Su(var)3-9 mutations emphasize the importance of maintaining the activities of these histone methyltransferases in balance for normal genome function. ..
- Cuenca J, Galindo M, Saura A, Sorsa V, De Frutos R. Ultrastructure of regions containing homologous loci in polytene chromosomes of Drosophila melanogaster and Drosophila subobscura. Chromosoma. 1998;107:113-26 pubmed..With a few exceptions, the structural homology extends to the chromosomal regions surrounding the loci. In some cases, however, no structurally recognisable homology can be seen either in the locus or in its flanking regions. ..
- Gandhi R, Bonaccorsi S, Wentworth D, Doxsey S, Gatti M, Pereira A. The Drosophila kinesin-like protein KLP67A is essential for mitotic and male meiotic spindle assembly. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:121-31 pubmed
- Barry W, Thummel C. The Drosophila HNF4 nuclear receptor promotes glucose-stimulated insulin secretion and mitochondrial function in adults. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..These findings establish an animal model for MODY1 and define a developmental reprogramming of metabolism to support the energetic needs of the mature animal. ..
- Parker D, Iyer A, Shah S, Morán A, Hjelmeland A, Basu M, et al. A new mitochondrial pool of cyclin E, regulated by Drp1, is linked to cell-density-dependent cell proliferation. J Cell Sci. 2015;128:4171-82 pubmed publisher..Such Drp1-driven regulation of CycE recruitment to mitochondria might be a mechanism to modulate CycE degradation during normal developmental processes as well as in tumorigenic events. ..
- Lim D, Lee L, Oh C, Kim N, Hwang S, Han S, et al. Microarray analysis of Drosophila dicer-2 mutants reveals potential regulation of mitochondrial metabolism by endogenous siRNAs. J Cell Biochem. 2013;114:418-27 pubmed publisher..Consistent with this finding, dcr-2 null mutant pupae had lower ATP content compared with controls, indicating that mitochondrial energy production is impaired in these mutants...
- Ugalde C, Ochoa P, Perez M, Fernandez Moreno M, Calleja M, Alahari A, et al. Identification of a proximal promoter region critical for the expression of the beta-F1-ATPase gene during Drosophila melanogaster development. Mitochondrion. 2001;1:225-36 pubmedWe have studied the spatio-temporal pattern of expression of the gene encoding the H(+) adenosine triphosphate (ATP) synthase beta subunit (beta-F1-ATPase) during Drosophila melanogaster development...
- Sheldahl L, Weinreich D, Rand D. Recombination, dominance and selection on amino acid polymorphism in the Drosophila genome: contrasting patterns on the X and fourth chromosomes. Genetics. 2003;165:1195-208 pubmed..This relaxation of selection is presumed to be greater in magnitude than the difference in efficiency of selection between X-linked vs. autosomal selection...
- Schwarze S, Weindruch R, Aiken J. Decreased mitochondrial RNA levels without accumulation of mitochondrial DNA deletions in aging Drosophila melanogaster. Mutat Res. 1998;382:99-107 pubmed..No difference, however, was apparent in the nuclear-encoded beta-ATPase RNA level, suggesting only mitochondrial RNA (mtRNA) declines are associated with life expectancy. ..
- Pena P, Ugalde C, Calleja M, Garesse R. Analysis of the mitochondrial ATP synthase beta-subunit gene in Drosophilidae: structure, transcriptional regulatory features and developmental pattern of expression in Drosophila melanogaster. Biochem J. 1995;312 ( Pt 3):887-97 pubmedWe have cloned and determined the structure of the gene encoding the H(+)-ATP synthase beta subunit in two distantly related Drosophila species, D. melanogaster and D. virilis...
- Wang H, Lai D, Yuan M, Xu H. Growth inhibition and differences in protein profiles in azadirachtin-treated Drosophila melanogaster larvae. Electrophoresis. 2014;35:1122-9 pubmed publisher..Protein network analysis reveals heat shock protein 23 to be a potential target of azadirachtin. These results provide new insights into understanding the mechanism of growth inhibition in insects in response to azadirachtin. ..
- Thomas R, Andrews L, Burman J, Lin W, Pallanck L. PINK1-Parkin pathway activity is regulated by degradation of PINK1 in the mitochondrial matrix. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004279 pubmed publisher..Our findings thus suggest that Lon plays an essential role in regulating the PINK1-Parkin pathway by promoting the degradation of PINK1 in the matrix of healthy mitochondria. ..
- Calleja M, Pena P, Ugalde C, Ferreiro C, Marco R, Garesse R. Mitochondrial DNA remains intact during Drosophila aging, but the levels of mitochondrial transcripts are significantly reduced. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:18891-7 pubmed..transcripts investigated: 16 S ribosomal RNA (16SrRNA), cytochrome c oxidase, cytochrome b, and beta H(+)-ATP synthase subunit...
- Baena Lopez L, Alonso J, Rodriguez J, Santarén J. The expression of heat shock protein HSP60A reveals a dynamic mitochondrial pattern in Drosophila melanogaster embryos. J Proteome Res. 2008;7:2780-8 pubmed publisher..In contrast, in very stressful situations, its expression is upregulated transcriptionally over the entire embryo. These findings suggest novel roles for HSP60 family proteins during normal Drosophila development. ..
- Riddle N, Leung W, Haynes K, Granok H, Wuller J, Elgin S. An investigation of heterochromatin domains on the fourth chromosome of Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 2008;178:1177-91 pubmed publisher..The data require that heterochromatin formation as a whole depends on a more complex pattern of sequence organization rather than the presence of a single sequence element. ..
- Banerjee S, Chinthapalli B. A proteomic screen with Drosophila Opa1-like identifies Hsc70-5/Mortalin as a regulator of mitochondrial morphology and cellular homeostasis. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2014;54:36-48 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we have identified a novel interaction between Hsc70-5/Mortalin and Opa1-like that influences cellular homeostasis through mitochondrial fusion. ..
- Cho G, Doolittle R. Intron distribution in ancient paralogs supports random insertion and not random loss. J Mol Evol. 1997;44:573-84 pubmed..The results suggest that the distribution of introns in genes encoding proteins is due to random insertion and not random loss. ..