Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Atg8b
Description: Autophagy-related 8b
Alias: ATG8, ATG8b, Atg8, Atg8B, CG12334, Dmel\CG12334, atg8B, atg8b, Autophagy-related 8b, Atg8b-PA, Atg8b-PB, CG12334-PA, CG12334-PB, autophagy related gene 8, autophagy-specific gene 8b
Species: fruit fly
- Fan X, Liang Q, Lian T, Wu Q, Gaur U, Li D, et al. Rapamycin preserves gut homeostasis during Drosophila aging. Oncotarget. 2015;6:35274-83 pubmed publisher..These results will further explain the mechanism of healthspan and lifespan extension by rapamycin in Drosophila. ..
- Shelly S, Lukinova N, Bambina S, Berman A, Cherry S. Autophagy is an essential component of Drosophila immunity against vesicular stomatitis virus. Immunity. 2009;30:588-98 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these data uncover an intrinsic antiviral program that links viral recognition to the evolutionarily conserved nutrient-signaling and autophagy pathways. ..
- ZIRIN J, Perrimon N. Drosophila as a model system to study autophagy. Semin Immunopathol. 2010;32:363-72 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the complex biology and physiology of Drosophila presents an opportunity to model human diseases in a tissue specific and analogous context. ..
- Xu T, Nicolson S, Denton D, Kumar S. Distinct requirements of Autophagy-related genes in programmed cell death. Cell Death Differ. 2015;22:1792-802 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal that while autophagy initiation occurs similarly in different cellular contexts, there is a tissue/function-specific requirement for the components of the autophagic machinery. ..
- Buchon N, Broderick N, Kuraishi T, Lemaitre B. Drosophila EGFR pathway coordinates stem cell proliferation and gut remodeling following infection. BMC Biol. 2010;8:152 pubmed publisher..We show that one signaling pathway, the EGFR pathway, is central to all these stages, and its activation at multiple steps could synchronize the complex cellular events leading to gut repair and homeostasis. ..
- Devorkin L, Gorski S. Genetic manipulation of autophagy in the Drosophila ovary. Cold Spring Harb Protoc. 2014;2014:973-9 pubmed publisher..Here we describe how to generate a homozygous mutant germline using the FLP-DFS (dominant female sterile) technique, how to generate somatic clones, and how to induce targeted gene knockdown in the germline using RNAi. ..
- Castillo Quan J, Li L, Kinghorn K, Ivanov D, Tain L, Slack C, et al. Lithium Promotes Longevity through GSK3/NRF2-Dependent Hormesis. Cell Rep. 2016;15:638-650 pubmed publisher..The discovery of GSK-3 as a therapeutic target for aging will likely lead to more effective treatments that can modulate mammalian aging and further improve health in later life. ..
- PÃ©rez E, Das G, Bergmann A, Baehrecke E. Autophagy regulates tissue overgrowth in a context-dependent manner. Oncogene. 2015;34:3369-76 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that autophagy has different influences on tissue growth in distinct contexts, and highlight the importance of understanding the influence of autophagy on growth to augment a rationale therapeutic strategy. ..
- Kourtis N, Tavernarakis N. Autophagy and cell death in model organisms. Cell Death Differ. 2009;16:21-30 pubmed publisher..In this review, we survey current research in simple organisms, linking autophagy to cell death and discuss the complex interplay between autophagy, cell survival and cell death. ..
- Scott R, Juhasz G, Neufeld T. Direct induction of autophagy by Atg1 inhibits cell growth and induces apoptotic cell death. Curr Biol. 2007;17:1-11 pubmed..Furthermore, this work identifies autophagy as a critical mechanism by which inhibition of TOR signaling leads to reduced cell growth. ..
- Francis V, Zorzano A, Teleman A. dDOR is an EcR coactivator that forms a feed-forward loop connecting insulin and ecdysone signaling. Curr Biol. 2010;20:1799-808 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, because ecdysone signaling inhibits insulin signaling in the fat body, this also uncovers a feed-forward mechanism whereby ecdysone potentiates its own signaling via dDOR. ..
- Yang S, Long L, Li D, Zhang J, Jin S, Wang F, et al. Î²-Guanidinopropionic acid extends the lifespan of Drosophila melanogaster via an AMP-activated protein kinase-dependent increase in autophagy. Aging Cell. 2015;14:1024-33 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we found that Atg8 protein, the homolog of microtubule-associated protein 1A/1B-light chain 3 (LC3) and a biomarker of autophagy in ..