Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: AstA-R1
Description: Allatostatin A receptor 1
Alias: ASR, AST-R, AlstR, CG2872, D.AlstR1, DAR-1, DAR1, DGR, Dmel\CG2872, EG:121E7.2, allatostatin A receptor 1, ASA-receptor, AlstR, AstA-R1-PB, AstA-R1-PD, CG2872-PB, CG2872-PD, allatostatin receptor, galanin receptor
Species: fruit fly
- Steele L, Coates B, Valero M, Sun W, Seong K, Muir W, et al. Selective sweep analysis in the genomes of the 91-R and 91-C Drosophila melanogaster strains reveals few of the 'usual suspects' in dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane (DDT) resistance. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0123066 pubmed publisher..These results suggest hitherto unknown mechanisms of DDT resistance, most of which have been overlooked in previous transcriptional studies, with some genes having orthologs in mammals. ..
- Kreienkamp H, Larusson H, Witte I, Roeder T, Birgul N, Honck H, et al. Functional annotation of two orphan G-protein-coupled receptors, Drostar1 and -2, from Drosophila melanogaster and their ligands by reverse pharmacology. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:39937-43 pubmed..Localization of receptor transcripts identifies a role of the new transmitter system in visual information processing as well as endocrine regulation. ..
- Ye B, Kim J, Yang L, McLachlan I, Younger S, Jan L, et al. Differential regulation of dendritic and axonal development by the novel Krüppel-like factor Dar1. J Neurosci. 2011;31:3309-19 pubmed publisher..and axonal development, we conducted a genetic screen in Drosophila and isolated the dendritic arbor reduction 1 (dar1) mutants, which display defects in dendritic but not axonal growth...
- Wang C, Chin Sang I, Bendena W. The FGLamide-allatostatins influence foraging behavior in Drosophila melanogaster. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e36059 pubmed publisher..Associated with the foraging defect in C. elegans npr-9 mutants is accumulation of intestinal lipid. Lipid accumulation was not a phenotype associated with the FGLa/AST and Dar-1 RNAi lines. ..
- Farhan A, Gulati J, Groβe Wilde E, Vogel H, Hansson B, Knaden M. The CCHamide 1 receptor modulates sensory perception and olfactory behavior in starved Drosophila. Sci Rep. 2013;3:2765 pubmed publisher..In addition it revealed that the CCHamide-1 receptor is another important factor governing starvation-induced olfactory modifications. ..
- Bergland A, Tobler R, GonzÃ¡lez J, Schmidt P, Petrov D. Secondary contact and local adaptation contribute to genome-wide patterns of clinal variation in Drosophila melanogaster. Mol Ecol. 2016;25:1157-74 pubmed publisher..melanogaster and provide a context for future studies seeking to identify loci contributing to local adaptation in a wide variety of organisms, including other invasive species as well as temperate endemics. ..
- McPartland J, Matias I, Di Marzo V, Glass M. Evolutionary origins of the endocannabinoid system. Gene. 2006;370:64-74 pubmed..Our methods identified fewer orthologs than did automated annotation systems, such as HomoloGene. Phylogenetic profiles, nonorthologous gene displacement, functional convergence, and coevolution are discussed. ..