Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ask1
Description: Apoptotic signal-regulating kinase 1
Alias: ASK1, CG4720, D-ASK, DASK, DASK1, DPk92B/ASK1, Dmel\CG4720, MEKK5/ASK1, Pk92B, dASK, dASK1, dAsk1, pk92B, apoptotic signal-regulating kinase 1, Ask1-PB, Ask1-PC, CG4720-PB, CG4720-PC, protein kinase at 92B
Species: fruit fly
- Wong H, Shaukat Z, Wang J, Saint R, Gregory S. JNK signaling is needed to tolerate chromosomal instability. Cell Cycle. 2014;13:622-31 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that chromosomal instability represents a significant stress to dividing cells, and that without JNK signaling, cells undergo apoptosis because they lack a timely and effective response to DNA damage. ..
- Mosallanejad K, Sekine Y, Ishikura Kinoshita S, Kumagai K, Nagano T, Matsuzawa A, et al. The DEAH-box RNA helicase DHX15 activates NF-?B and MAPK signaling downstream of MAVS during antiviral responses. Sci Signal. 2014;7:ra40 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings indicate that, in RIG-I-like receptor signaling, DHX15 specifically stimulates the NF-?B and MAPK pathways downstream of MAVS and contributes to MAVS-mediated cytokine production and apoptosis. ..
- Cha G, Kim S, Park J, Lee E, Kim M, Lee S, et al. Parkin negatively regulates JNK pathway in the dopaminergic neurons of Drosophila. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:10345-50 pubmed
- Owusu Ansah E, Yavari A, Mandal S, Banerjee U. Distinct mitochondrial retrograde signals control the G1-S cell cycle checkpoint. Nat Genet. 2008;40:356-61 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results indicate that the mitochondrion can use AMP and ROS at sublethal concentrations as independent signaling molecules to modulate cell cycle progression. ..
- Sekine Y, Takagahara S, Hatanaka R, Watanabe T, Oguchi H, Noguchi T, et al. p38 MAPKs regulate the expression of genes in the dopamine synthesis pathway through phosphorylation of NR4A nuclear receptors. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:3006-16 pubmed publisher..Thus, p38-regulated gene induction through NR4As appears to function in the dopamine synthesis pathway and may be involved in immune and stress responses. ..
- Sekine Y, Hatanaka R, Watanabe T, Sono N, Iemura S, Natsume T, et al. The Kelch repeat protein KLHDC10 regulates oxidative stress-induced ASK1 activation by suppressing PP5. Mol Cell. 2012;48:692-704 pubmed publisherReactive oxygen species (ROS)-induced activation of Apoptosis signal-regulating kinase 1 (ASK1) plays crucial roles in oxidative stress-mediated cell death through the activation of the JNK and p38 MAPK pathways...