Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Arf79F
Description: ADP ribosylation factor at 79F
Alias: ARF-1, ARF1, ARF1_DROME, Arf, Arf1, Arf79f, CG8385, Darf1, Dm Arf79F, Dmel\CG8385, P61209, arf1, d-Arf1, dARF79F, dARFI, dArf1, ADP ribosylation factor at 79F, ADP ribosylation factor 79F, ADP-ribosylation factor 1, Arf79F-PA, Arf79F-PB, Arf79F-PC, Arf79F-PE, Arf79F-PF, Arf79F-PH, Arf79F-PI, Arf79F-PJ, CG8385-PA, CG8385-PB, CG8385-PC, CG8385-PE, CG8385-PF, CG8385-PH, CG8385-PI, CG8385-PJ
Species: fruit fly
- Wilfling F, Thiam A, Olarte M, Wang J, Beck R, Gould T, et al. Arf1/COPI machinery acts directly on lipid droplets and enables their connection to the ER for protein targeting. elife. 2014;3:e01607 pubmed publisher..The Arf1/COPI protein machinery, known for its role in vesicle trafficking, regulates LD morphology, targeting of specific ..
- Kametaka S, Kametaka A, Yonekura S, Haruta M, Takenoshita S, Goto S, et al. AP-1 clathrin adaptor and CG8538/Aftiphilin are involved in Notch signaling during eye development in Drosophila melanogaster. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:634-48 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that AP-1 and Aftiphilin are cooperatively involved in the intracellular trafficking of Notch during eye development in Drosophila. ..
- Wang Y, Zhang H, Shi M, Liou Y, Lu L, Yu F. Sec71 functions as a GEF for the small GTPase Arf1 to govern dendrite pruning of Drosophila sensory neurons. Development. 2017;144:1851-1862 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that the small GTPase Arf1, an important regulator of the secretory pathway, is specifically required for dendrite pruning of ddaC/D/E sensory ..
- Lee D, Rodrigues F, Yu C, Swan M, Harris T. PH Domain-Arf G Protein Interactions Localize the Arf-GEF Steppke for Cleavage Furrow Regulation in Drosophila. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0142562 pubmed publisher..By analyzing GFP-tagged Arf and Arf-like small G proteins, we found that Arf1-GFP, Arf6-GFP and Arl4-GFP, but not Arf4-GFP, localized to furrows...
- Southon A, Greenough M, Hung Y, Norgate M, Burke R, Camakaris J. The ADP-ribosylation factor 1 (Arf1) is involved in regulating copper uptake. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2011;43:146-53 pubmed publisher..Arf1 therefore affected copper levels independently of ATP7A mediated copper efflux. Knockdown of Arf79F, the Drosophila melanogasterArf1 orthologue, also reduced copper accumulation in cultured Drosophila S2 cells, ..
- Shao W, Wu J, Chen J, Lee D, Tishkina A, Harris T. A modifier screen for Bazooka/PAR-3 interacting genes in the Drosophila embryo epithelium. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9938 pubmed publisher..We found that GFP fusion proteins for Drosophila ASAP, Arf79F, CG11210, Septin 5 and Sds22 could be recruited to the apical circumference of epithelial cells...
- Jekely G. Small GTPases and the evolution of the eukaryotic cell. Bioessays. 2003;25:1129-38 pubmed..Based on the reconstruction of putative roles for ancestral small GTPases, a hypothetical scenario on the origins of the first endomembranes, the nucleus, and phagocytosis is presented. ..
- Renalier M, Nicoloso M, Qu L, Bachellerie J. SnoRNA U21 is also intron-encoded in Drosophila melanogaster but in a different host-gene as compared to warm-blooded vertebrates. FEBS Lett. 1996;379:212-6 pubmed..In D. melanogaster, U21 is encoded within the ARF-1 (ADP ribosylation factor 1) gene, whereas in chicken and mammals it is found in the ribosomal protein L5 gene. In D...
- Murtagh J, Lee F, Deak P, Hall L, Monaco L, Lee C, et al. Molecular characterization of a conserved, guanine nucleotide-dependent ADP-ribosylation factor in Drosophila melanogaster. Biochemistry. 1993;32:6011-8 pubmed..We cloned the Drosophila ARF 1 gene without library screening by a combination of 5 polymerase chain reactions (PCRs), yielding a 546-base open ..
- Humphreys D, Liu T, Davidson A, Hume P, Koronakis V. The Drosophila Arf1 homologue Arf79F is essential for lamellipodium formation. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:5630-5 pubmed publisher..Here, we demonstrate that the Class 1 Arf1 homologue Arf79F colocalises with the WRC at dynamic lamellipodia...
- Asensio C, Sirkis D, Edwards R. RNAi screen identifies a role for adaptor protein AP-3 in sorting to the regulated secretory pathway. J Cell Biol. 2010;191:1173-87 pubmed publisher..Although vesicles with a dense core still form in the absence of AP-3, they contain substantially less synaptotagmin 1, indicating that AP-3 concentrates the proteins required for regulated exocytosis. ..
- Khadilkar R, Rodrigues D, Mote R, Sinha A, Kulkarni V, Magadi S, et al. ARF1-GTP regulates Asrij to provide endocytic control of Drosophila blood cell homeostasis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:4898-903 pubmed publisher..Here we show that Asrij function is mediated by the Ras family GTPase Arf79F, the Drosophila homolog of ADP ribosylation factor 1 (ARF1), essential for clathrin coat assembly, Golgi architecture, and vesicular trafficking...
- Kitazawa D, Yamaguchi M, Mori H, Inoue Y. COPI-mediated membrane trafficking is required for cytokinesis in Drosophila male meiotic divisions. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:3649-60 pubmed..Using testis-specific knockdown of COPI subunits or the small GTPase Arf or mutations of the ?COP gene, we examined the role of COPI in male meiosis...
- Christis C, Munro S. The small G protein Arl1 directs the trans-Golgi-specific targeting of the Arf1 exchange factors BIG1 and BIG2. J Cell Biol. 2012;196:327-35 pubmed publisher..We validate this with the Drosophila melanogaster Arf1 orthologue (Arf79F) and the related class II Arf (Arf102F), which showed a similar pattern of effector binding...
- Johnson R, Sedgwick A, D SOUZA SCHOREY C, Cagan R. Role for a Cindr-Arf6 axis in patterning emerging epithelia. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:4513-26 pubmed publisher..In this paper, we demonstrate that these movements require an Arf regulatory cycle that connects surface receptors to actin-based movement...