Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: AP-2mu
Description: Adaptor Protein complex 2, mu subunit
Alias: AP-50, AP2mu2, AP50, CG7057, Dmel\CG7057, Dmu2, MENE (3R)-D, MENE(3R)-D, anon-EST:Posey50, anon-WO0172774.104, apm4, cg7057, mu2, adaptor protein complex 2, mu subunit, AP-2mu-PA, AP-2mu-PB, AP-2mu-PC, AP-50, CG7057-PA, CG7057-PB, CG7057-PC, adaptor protein complex 2, mu2 medium chain of adaptin AP2
Species: fruit fly
- Zhang Y, Broadie K. Cloning, mapping and tissue-specific expression of Drosophila clathrin-associated protein AP50 gene. Gene. 1999;233:171-9 pubmedThe Drosophila homologue of AP50, the medium chain of clathrin-associated protein complex AP-2, was identified and characterized from the Drosophila Expressed Sequence Tag database...
- Boehm M, Bonifacino J. Genetic analyses of adaptin function from yeast to mammals. Gene. 2002;286:175-86 pubmed..Here, we review recent progress in the genetic analysis of the function of AP complexes, focusing on studies that make use of targeted interference or naturally-occurring mutations in various model organisms. ..
- Mirey G, Balakireva M, L Hoste S, Rosse C, Voegeling S, Camonis J. A Ral guanine exchange factor-Ral pathway is conserved in Drosophila melanogaster and sheds new light on the connectivity of the Ral, Ras, and Rap pathways. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:1112-24 pubmed..Thus, in vivo data show variations in the connectivity of pathways described for cell lines which might display only a subset of the biological possibilities. ..
- Benhra N, Lallet S, Cotton M, Le Bras S, Dussert A, Le Borgne R. AP-1 controls the trafficking of Notch and Sanpodo toward E-cadherin junctions in sensory organ precursors. Curr Biol. 2011;21:87-95 pubmed publisher..Because AP-1 does not prevent endocytosis and recycling of the Notch ligand Delta, our data indicate that the DE-cadherin junctional domain may act as a launching pad through which endocytosed Notch ligand is trafficked for signaling. ..
- Fletcher G, Lucas E, Brain R, Tournier A, Thompson B. Positive feedback and mutual antagonism combine to polarize Crumbs in the Drosophila follicle cell epithelium. Curr Biol. 2012;22:1116-22 pubmed publisher..Once Crb is removed from the plasma membrane, it undergoes recycling via Rab11 endosomes. Our results provide a dynamic model for understanding how epithelial polarity is maintained in Drosophila follicle cells. ..
- Mullins C, Hartnell L, Wassarman D, Bonifacino J. Defective expression of the mu3 subunit of the AP-3 adaptor complex in the Drosophila pigmentation mutant carmine. Mol Gen Genet. 1999;262:401-12 pubmed..sequence tag (EST) database identified orthologs of family members mammalian medium (mu) chain families mu1, mu2, and mu3, of the corresponding AP complexes, and delta-COP, the analogous component of the coatomer (COPI) complex...
- Peters N, Berg C. Dynamin-mediated endocytosis is required for tube closure, cell intercalation, and biased apical expansion during epithelial tubulogenesis in the Drosophila ovary. Dev Biol. 2016;409:39-54 pubmed publisher..Thus, our studies identify novel morphogenetic roles (i.e., tube closure and biased apical expansion), and expand upon established roles (i.e., cell intercalation and adhesion remodeling), for Dynamin in tubulogenesis. ..