Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: AP-1mu
Description: Adaptor Protein complex 1, mu subunit
Alias: AP-1mu1, AP-47, AP1mu1, AP47, APmu1, CG9388, Dmel\CG9388, Dmu1, ap-47, apm1, cg9388, mu1, adaptor protein complex 1, mu subunit, AP-1mu-PA, AP-47, CG9388-PA
Species: fruit fly
- Zhang Y, Broadie K. Cloning, mapping and tissue-specific expression of Drosophila clathrin-associated protein AP50 gene. Gene. 1999;233:171-9 pubmed..The two other Drosophila members of the medium-chain family of clathrin-associated protein complexes, AP47 and mu3, have also been identified and mapped to 85D20-D27 and 6E1-E4, respectively.
- Mullins C, Hartnell L, Wassarman D, Bonifacino J. Defective expression of the mu3 subunit of the AP-3 adaptor complex in the Drosophila pigmentation mutant carmine. Mol Gen Genet. 1999;262:401-12 pubmed..expressed sequence tag (EST) database identified orthologs of family members mammalian medium (mu) chain families mu1, mu2, and mu3, of the corresponding AP complexes, and delta-COP, the analogous component of the coatomer (COPI) ..
- Jullien Flores V, Mahe Y, Mirey G, Leprince C, Meunier Bisceuil B, Sorkin A, et al. RLIP76, an effector of the GTPase Ral, interacts with the AP2 complex: involvement of the Ral pathway in receptor endocytosis. J Cell Sci. 2000;113 ( Pt 16):2837-44 pubmed..Furthermore, RLIP76 differentiates AP2 from AP1 in vivo as RLIP76 differentiates mu2 from mu1 in vitro and in two hybrid assays...
- Boehm M, Bonifacino J. Genetic analyses of adaptin function from yeast to mammals. Gene. 2002;286:175-86 pubmed..Here, we review recent progress in the genetic analysis of the function of AP complexes, focusing on studies that make use of targeted interference or naturally-occurring mutations in various model organisms. ..
- Christis C, Munro S. The small G protein Arl1 directs the trans-Golgi-specific targeting of the Arf1 exchange factors BIG1 and BIG2. J Cell Biol. 2012;196:327-35 pubmed publisher..We show that in mammalian cells, Arl1 is necessary for Golgi recruitment of BIG1 and BIG2 but not GBF1. Thus, Arl1 acts to direct a trans-Golgi-specific Arf1 GEF, and hence active Arf1, to the trans side of the Golgi. ..
- Kametaka S, Kametaka A, Yonekura S, Haruta M, Takenoshita S, Goto S, et al. AP-1 clathrin adaptor and CG8538/Aftiphilin are involved in Notch signaling during eye development in Drosophila melanogaster. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:634-48 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that AP-1 and Aftiphilin are cooperatively involved in the intracellular trafficking of Notch during eye development in Drosophila. ..