Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: AP-1gamma
Description: Adaptor Protein complex 1, gamma subunit
Alias: AP-1, AP-1 gamma, AP-1[gamma], AP1gamma, AP1gamma1, Ap-1, CG9113, Dmel\CG9113, apl4, cg9113, dgamma, gamma, gamma-Ada, adaptor protein complex 1, gamma subunit, AP-1gamma-PA, AP-1gamma-PB, AP-1gamma-PC, AP-1gamma-PD, AP-1gamma-PE, AP-1gamma-PF, AP-1gamma-PG, AP-1gamma-PH, AP-1gamma-PI, CG9113-PA, CG9113-PB, CG9113-PC, CG9113-PD, CG9113-PE, CG9113-PF, CG9113-PG, CG9113-PH, CG9113-PI, gamma subunit of AP-1 clathrin, gamma-adaptin
Species: fruit fly
- Burgess J, Del Bel L, Ma C, Barylko B, Polevoy G, Rollins J, et al. Type II phosphatidylinositol 4-kinase regulates trafficking of secretory granule proteins in Drosophila. Development. 2012;139:3040-50 pubmed publisher..Our genetic analysis of PI4KII in flies thus reveals a novel role for PI4KII in regulating the fidelity of granule protein trafficking in secretory tissues. ..
- Giagtzoglou N, Li T, Yamamoto S, Bellen H. Drosophila EHBP1 regulates Scabrous secretion during Notch-mediated lateral inhibition. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:3686-96 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, dEHBP1 provides developmental versatility of intercellular signaling by regulating the trafficking of distinct Notch signaling components. ..
- Boehm M, Bonifacino J. Genetic analyses of adaptin function from yeast to mammals. Gene. 2002;286:175-86 pubmed..Here, we review recent progress in the genetic analysis of the function of AP complexes, focusing on studies that make use of targeted interference or naturally-occurring mutations in various model organisms. ..
- Torres I, Rosa Ferreira C, Munro S. The Arf family G protein Arl1 is required for secretory granule biogenesis in Drosophila. J Cell Sci. 2014;127:2151-60 pubmed publisher..Arl1 does not appear to be required for AP-1 recruitment in all tissues, suggesting that it is crucially required to enhance Arf1 activation at the trans-Golgi in particular tissues. ..
- Kametaka S, Kametaka A, Yonekura S, Haruta M, Takenoshita S, Goto S, et al. AP-1 clathrin adaptor and CG8538/Aftiphilin are involved in Notch signaling during eye development in Drosophila melanogaster. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:634-48 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that AP-1 and Aftiphilin are cooperatively involved in the intracellular trafficking of Notch during eye development in Drosophila. ..
- Cotton M, Benhra N, Le Borgne R. Numb inhibits the recycling of Sanpodo in Drosophila sensory organ precursor. Curr Biol. 2013;23:581-7 pubmed publisher..In numb mutant organs, Spdo is efficiently internalized and recycled back to the plasma membrane. We propose that Numb acts in concert with AP-1 to control the endocytic recycling of Spdo to regulate binary-fate decisions. ..