Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: alpha-Est7
Alias: Ali, Alpha-Est7, CG1112, DmalphaE7, Dmel\CG1112, EST23, Est-23, Est23, Mce, aE7, ali, alphaE7, alphaest-7, alpha-Esterase-7, CG1112-PA, aliesterase, aliesteraseless, alpha-Est7-PA, carboxylesterase 23, esterase 23, fragment H, malathion carboxylesterase
Species: fruit fly
- Oakeshott J, Claudianos C, Russell R, Robin G. Carboxyl/cholinesterases: a case study of the evolution of a successful multigene family. Bioessays. 1999;21:1031-42 pubmed..Furthermore, we postulate that the versatility of the substrate binding motifs underpins the recruitment of several family members to additional noncatalytic signal transduction functions. ..
- Robin G, Russell R, Cutler D, Oakeshott J. The evolution of an alpha-esterase pseudogene inactivated in the Drosophila melanogaster lineage. Mol Biol Evol. 2000;17:563-75 pubmed publisher..We argue that the original alphaE4a gene had a function which it has lost since the divergence of the D. melanogaster and D. simulans lineages...
- Birner Gruenberger R, Bickmeyer I, Lange J, Hehlert P, Hermetter A, Kollroser M, et al. Functional fat body proteomics and gene targeting reveal in vivo functions of Drosophila melanogaster ?-Esterase-7. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2012;42:220-9 pubmed publisher..It also offers an entry point for in vivo structure-function analyses of ?-Esterase-7, which is of central importance for naturally occurring insecticide resistance in wild populations of various dipteran insect species. ..
- Wang S, Hu X, Meng Q, Muhammad S, Chen R, Li F, et al. The involvement of several enzymes in methanol detoxification in Drosophila melanogaster adults. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2013;166:7-14 pubmed publisher..It seems that there are some differences in methanol metabolism between larvae and adults, but not between female and male adults. ..
- Hamby K, Kwok R, Zalom F, Chiu J. Integrating circadian activity and gene expression profiles to predict chronotoxicity of Drosophila suzukii response to insecticides. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e68472 pubmed publisher..However, field research is necessary for extrapolation to agricultural settings. ..
- Spackman M, Oakeshott J, Smyth K, Medveczky K, Russell R. A cluster of esterase genes on chromosome 3R of Drosophila melanogaster includes homologues of esterase genes conferring insecticide resistance in Lucilia cuprina. Biochem Genet. 1994;32:39-62 pubmed..in EST 9 (formerly EST C), ali-esterase activity, defined by the hydrolysis of methyl butyrate, and malathion carboxylesterase activity, defined by hydrolysis of the organophosphate malathion...