Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: AdoR
Description: Adenosine receptor
Alias: CG9753, DmAdoR, Dmel\CG9753, adoR, anon-WO0170980.109, anon-WO0170980.110, dADOR, dAdoR, adenosine receptor, Ado receptor, AdoR-PA, AdoR-PB, CG9753-PA, CG9753-PB
Species: fruit fly
- Zemanova M, Stašková T, Kodrik D. Role of adipokinetic hormone and adenosine in the anti-stress response in Drosophila melanogaster. J Insect Physiol. 2016;91-92:39-47 pubmed publisher..was studied in Drosophila melanogaster larvae and adults carrying a mutation in the Akh gene (Akh(1)), the adenosine receptor gene (AdoR(1)), or in both of these genes (Akh(1) AdoR(1) double mutant)...
- McPartland J, Matias I, Di Marzo V, Glass M. Evolutionary origins of the endocannabinoid system. Gene. 2006;370:64-74 pubmed..Our methods identified fewer orthologs than did automated annotation systems, such as HomoloGene. Phylogenetic profiles, nonorthologous gene displacement, functional convergence, and coevolution are discussed. ..
- Celotto A, Frank A, Seigle J, Palladino M. Drosophila model of human inherited triosephosphate isomerase deficiency glycolytic enzymopathy. Genetics. 2006;174:1237-46 pubmed..Biochemical studies demonstrate that mutation of this glycolytic enzyme gene does not result in a bioenergetic deficit, suggesting an alternate cause of enzymopathy associated with TPI impairment. ..
- Bajgar A, Kucerova K, Jonatova L, Tomcala A, Schneedorferová I, Okrouhlík J, et al. Extracellular adenosine mediates a systemic metabolic switch during immune response. PLoS Biol. 2015;13:e1002135 pubmed publisher..Preventing adenosine transport from immune cells or blocking adenosine receptor precludes the metabolic switch and the deceleration of development, dramatically reducing host resistance...
- Dolezelova E, Nothacker H, Civelli O, Bryant P, Zurovec M. A Drosophila adenosine receptor activates cAMP and calcium signaling. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2007;37:318-29 pubmed..Here we report the first characterization of an insect AdoR, encoded by the Drosophila gene CG9753. Adenosine stimulation of Chinese hamster ovary cells carrying transiently expressed CG9753 led to a dose-..
- Mondal B, Mukherjee T, Mandal L, Evans C, Sinenko S, Martinez Agosto J, et al. Interaction between differentiating cell- and niche-derived signals in hematopoietic progenitor maintenance. Cell. 2011;147:1589-600 pubmed publisher..Similar homeostatic mechanisms are likely to be utilized in other systems that maintain relatively large numbers of progenitors that are not all in direct contact with the cells of the niche...
- Fleischmannova J, Kucerova L, Sandova K, Steinbauerová V, Broz V, Simek P, et al. Differential response of Drosophila cell lines to extracellular adenosine. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2012;42:321-31 pubmed publisher..Our results show that different types of Drosophila cell lines use different pathways for Ado conversion and suggest that such differences may be an important part of complex mechanisms maintaining energy homeostasis in the body. ..