Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Acsl
Description: Acyl-CoA synthetase long-chain
Alias: 7447, CG8732, Dmel\CG8732, FACS, FCS, anon-WO0172774.173, dAcsl, dFAC, l(2)05847, l(2)44DEa, l(2)7447, l(2)SH0465, l(2)SH2 0465, l(2)k05304, Acyl-CoA synthetase long-chain, Acsl-PA, Acsl-PB, Acsl-PC, Acsl-PD, Acsl-PE, Acsl-PF, Acsl-PG, Acsl-PH, Acsl-PI, Acsl-PJ, CG8732-PA, CG8732-PB, CG8732-PC, CG8732-PD, CG8732-PE, CG8732-PF, CG8732-PG, CG8732-PH, CG8732-PI, CG8732-PJ, Long-chain acyl-CoA synthetase, fatty acyl CoA synthetase, fatty acyl coenzyme A (CoA) synthetase, fatty acyl-CoA synthetase, lethal (2) 44DEa, lethal (2) SH0465
Species: fruit fly
- Oba Y, Sato M, Ojika M, Inouye S. Enzymatic and genetic characterization of firefly luciferase and Drosophila CG6178 as a fatty acyl-CoA synthetase. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2005;69:819-28 pubmed..These results suggest that insects have a novel type of fatty acyl-CoA synthetase. ..
- Rawson R. The SREBP pathway--insights from Insigs and insects. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol. 2003;4:631-40 pubmed
- Li Y, Zhang Z, Robinson G, Palli S. Identification and characterization of a juvenile hormone response element and its binding proteins. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:37605-17 pubmed
- Bauer R, Voelzmann A, Breiden B, Schepers U, Farwanah H, Hahn I, et al. Schlank, a member of the ceramide synthase family controls growth and body fat in Drosophila. EMBO J. 2009;28:3706-16 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our studies of schlank and the mammalian Lass2 family member suggest a novel role for ceramide synthases in regulating body fat metabolism. ..
- Mohr S, Boswell R. Genetic analysis of Drosophila melanogaster polytene chromosome region 44D-45F: loci required for viability and fertility. Genetics. 2002;160:1503-10 pubmed..Mutations in sine prole disrupt spermatogenesis at or before individualization of spermatozoa and cause multiple defects in oogenesis, including inappropriate division of the germline cyst and arrest of oogenesis at stage 4. ..
- O Sullivan N, Jahn T, Reid E, O Kane C. Reticulon-like-1, the Drosophila orthologue of the hereditary spastic paraplegia gene reticulon 2, is required for organization of endoplasmic reticulum and of distal motor axons. Hum Mol Genet. 2012;21:3356-65 pubmed publisher..Our data provide a route to further understanding of both the role of the SER in axons and the pathological consequences of the impairment of this compartment. ..
- Röttgen G, Wagner T, Hinz U. A genetic screen for elements of the network that regulates neurogenesis in Drosophila. Mol Gen Genet. 1998;257:442-51 pubmed..Besides mutations in genes expected to modify the phenotype, we have isolated mutations in six genes not known so far to be involved in neurogenesis. ..
- Huang Y, Huang S, Lam S, Liu Z, Shui G, Zhang Y. Acsl, the Drosophila ortholog of intellectual-disability-related ACSL4, inhibits synaptic growth by altered lipids. J Cell Sci. 2016;129:4034-4045 pubmed..We previously reported that Acsl, the Drosophila ortholog of mammalian ACSL3 and ACSL4, inhibits neuromuscular synapse growth by suppressing bone ..
- Dobrosotskaya I, Seegmiller A, Brown M, Goldstein J, Rawson R. Regulation of SREBP processing and membrane lipid production by phospholipids in Drosophila. Science. 2002;296:879-83 pubmed