Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: 5-HT7
Description: 5-hydroxytryptamine (serotonin) receptor 7
Alias: 5-HT-dro, 5-HT-dro1, 5-HT7Dro, 5-HTDro, 5-HT[[7Dro]], 5-HT[], 5-HT[]Dro, 5-HT[[dro1]], 5-HTdro1, 5HT-7, 5HT-R1, 5HT-dro, 5HT-dro1, 5HT7, 5HT[[7Dro]], 5htdror, CG12073, DRO1, Dm5HTdro1, Dmel\CG12073, HT7, 5-hydroxytryptamine (serotonin) receptor 7, 5-HT7-PA, 5-HT7-PB, CG12073-PA, CG12073-PB, serotonin receptor, serotonin receptor 1, serotonin receptor 7
Species: fruit fly
- Tierney A. Structure and function of invertebrate 5-HT receptors: a review. Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2001;128:791-804 pubmed..This review summarizes information on the pharmacological and transductional properties of cloned invertebrate 5-HT receptors, and considers recent studies of endogenous receptors in the light of this new data. ..
- Kerr M, Davies S, Dow J. Cell-specific manipulation of second messengers; a toolbox for integrative physiology in Drosophila. Curr Biol. 2004;14:1468-74 pubmed..The results uncovered a new role for cGMP signaling in tubule and also demonstrate the utility of the tubule as a possible in vivo test bed for novel receptors, ligands, or agonists/antagonists. ..
- Saudou F, Amlaiky N, Plassat J, Borrelli E, Hen R. Cloning and characterization of a Drosophila tyramine receptor. EMBO J. 1990;9:3611-7 pubmed..to the human alpha 2 adrenergic receptors, the human 5HT1A receptor and a recently cloned Drosophila serotonin receptor. The corresponding mRNA is found predominantly in adult Drosophila heads...
- Luo J, Becnel J, Nichols C, Nassel D. Insulin-producing cells in the brain of adult Drosophila are regulated by the serotonin 5-HT1A receptor. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2012;69:471-84 pubmed publisher..Thus, we have identified a second inhibitory pathway regulating IPC activity in the Drosophila brain. ..
- Kahsai L, Carlsson M, Winther A, Nässel D. Distribution of metabotropic receptors of serotonin, dopamine, GABA, glutamate, and short neuropeptide F in the central complex of Drosophila. Neuroscience. 2012;208:11-26 pubmed publisher..GAL4 driven green fluorescent protein, we examined the distribution patterns of six different GPCRs: two serotonin receptor subtypes (5-HT(1B) and 5-HT(7)), a dopamine receptor (DopR), the metabotropic GABA(B) receptor (GABA(B)R), ..
- Curran K, Chalasani S. Serotonin circuits and anxiety: what can invertebrates teach us?. Invert Neurosci. 2012;12:81-92 pubmed publisher..These model systems possess well-defined neuroanatomies and robust serotonin-mediated behavior and should reveal insights into how serotonin can modulate human cognitive functions...
- Feng G, Hannan F, Reale V, Hon Y, Kousky C, Evans P, et al. Cloning and functional characterization of a novel dopamine receptor from Drosophila melanogaster. J Neurosci. 1996;16:3925-33 pubmed..Because DopR99B is the second dopamine receptor cloned from Drosophila, this work establishes dopamine receptor diversity in a system amenable to genetic dissection. ..
- Silva B, Goles N, Varas R, Campusano J. Serotonin receptors expressed in Drosophila mushroom bodies differentially modulate larval locomotion. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e89641 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data suggest that CNS 5HT systems are involved in motor control, and that 5HT receptors expressed in MB differentially modulate motor programs in fly larvae. ..
- Shimada Niwa Y, Niwa R. Serotonergic neurons respond to nutrients and regulate the timing of steroid hormone biosynthesis in Drosophila. Nat Commun. 2014;5:5778 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that serotonergic neurons form a link between the external environment and the internal endocrine system by adaptively tuning the timing of steroid hormone biosynthesis. ..
- Majeed Z, Abdeljaber E, Soveland R, Cornwell K, Bankemper A, Koch F, et al. Modulatory Action by the Serotonergic System: Behavior and Neurophysiology in Drosophila melanogaster. Neural Plast. 2016;2016:7291438 pubmed publisher..5-HT2 receptor activation mediates a modulatory role in a sensory-motor circuit, and the activation of 5-HT neurons can suppress the neural circuit activity, while fluoxetine can significantly decrease the sensory-motor activity. ..
- Pebusque M, Coulier F, Birnbaum D, Pontarotti P. Ancient large-scale genome duplications: phylogenetic and linkage analyses shed light on chordate genome evolution. Mol Biol Evol. 1998;15:1145-59 pubmed..Linkage of some of these genes can be found in the Drosophila melanogaster and Caenorhabditis elegans genomes, suggesting that they were linked in the triploblast Metazoa ancestor. ..
- Han K, Millar N, Davis R. A novel octopamine receptor with preferential expression in Drosophila mushroom bodies. J Neurosci. 1998;18:3650-8 pubmed..The preferential expression of OAMB in mushroom bodies and its capacity to produce cAMP accumulation suggest an important role in synaptic modulation underlying behavioral plasticity. ..
- Ma E, Gu X, Wu X, Xu T, Haddad G. Mutation in pre-mRNA adenosine deaminase markedly attenuates neuronal tolerance to O2 deprivation in Drosophila melanogaster. J Clin Invest. 2001;107:685-93 pubmed
- Johnson O, Becnel J, Nichols C. Serotonin receptor activity is necessary for olfactory learning and memory in Drosophila melanogaster. Neuroscience. 2011;192:372-81 pubmed publisher..We initially followed a pharmacological approach, utilizing serotonin receptor agonists and antagonists to demonstrate that all serotonin receptor families present in the fly are ..
- Zwarts L, Versteven M, Callaerts P. Genetics and neurobiology of aggression in Drosophila. Fly (Austin). 2012;6:35-48 pubmed publisher..The state of the art on aggression in Drosophila and the many opportunities provided by this model organism to unravel the genetic and neurobiological basis of aggression are reviewed. ..
- Wu W, Cooper R. Serotonin and synaptic transmission at invertebrate neuromuscular junctions. Exp Neurobiol. 2012;21:101-12 pubmed publisher..In this review we highlight some of the key findings of 5-HT actions and receptor types associated at NMJs in a variety of invertebrate preparations in hopes that future studies will build on this knowledge base. ..
- Gnerer J, Venken K, Dierick H. Gene-specific cell labeling using MiMIC transposons. Nucleic Acids Res. 2015;43:e56 pubmed publisher..We show the efficacy and broad applicability of these new tools by dissecting the cellular expression patterns of the Drosophila serotonin receptor gene family.
- Liu Y, Luo J, Carlsson M, NÃ¤ssel D. Serotonin and insulin-like peptides modulate leucokinin-producing neurons that affect feeding and water homeostasis in Drosophila. J Comp Neurol. 2015;523:1840-63 pubmed publisher..Next we demonstrated that LK neurons express the serotonin receptor 5-HT1B ...