Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: FdvOgp1
Description: pol protein
Species: Foot-and-mouth disease virus - type O
- Fan X, Han S, Yan D, Gao Y, Wei Y, Liu X, et al. Foot-and-mouth disease virus infection suppresses autophagy and NF-ÐºB antiviral responses via degradation of ATG5-ATG12 by 3Cpro. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e2561 pubmed publisher..FMDV has evolved mechanisms to counteract the antiviral function of ATG5-ATG12, via degradation of them by viral protein 3Cpro. ..
- Rai D, Lawrence P, Kloc A, Schafer E, Rieder E. Analysis of the interaction between host factor Sam68 and viral elements during foot-and-mouth disease virus infections. Virol J. 2015;12:224 pubmed publisher..These results support the importance of Sam68 as a host factor co-opted by FMDV during infection and demonstrate that Sam68 interact with both, FMDV RNA motifs in the IRES and viral non-structural proteins 3C(pro) and 3D(pol). ..
- Zhu Z, Yang F, Zhang K, Cao W, Jin Y, Wang G, et al. Comparative Proteomic Analysis of Wild-Type and SAP Domain Mutant Foot-and-Mouth Disease Virus-Infected Porcine Cells Identifies the Ubiquitin-Activating Enzyme UBE1 Required for Virus Replication. J Proteome Res. 2015;14:4194-206 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of UBE1 enhanced the replication of FMDV, and knockdown of UBE1 decreased FMDV replication. This shows that FMDV manipulates UBE1 for increased viral replication, and the SAP domain was involved in this process. ..
- Chamberlain K, Fowler V, Barnett P, Gold S, Wadsworth J, Knowles N, et al. Identification of a novel cell culture adaptation site on the capsid of foot-and-mouth disease virus. J Gen Virol. 2015;96:2684-92 pubmed publisher..These observations add to the evidence for multiple cell attachment mechanisms for FMDV and may be useful for vaccine manufacture when cell culture adaptation proves difficult. ..
- Zheng W, Li X, Wang J, Li X, Cao H, Wang Y, et al. A critical role of interferon-induced protein IFP35 in the type I interferon response in cells induced by foot-and-mouth disease virus (FMDV) protein 2C. Arch Virol. 2014;159:2925-35 pubmed publisher..These findings may help to further understand cell responses to FMDV infection. ..
- Beard C, Mason P. Genetic determinants of altered virulence of Taiwanese foot-and-mouth disease virus. J Virol. 2000;74:987-91 pubmed..These studies have shown that an altered nonstructural protein, 3A, is a primary determinant of restricted growth on bovine cells in vitro and significantly contributes to bovine attenuation of OTai in vivo...
- Arias A, Agudo R, Ferrer Orta C, P rez Luque R, Airaksinen A, Brocchi E, et al. Mutant viral polymerase in the transition of virus to error catastrophe identifies a critical site for RNA binding. J Mol Biol. 2005;353:1021-32 pubmed publisher..In addition to identifying an amino acid residue that is critical for the binding of polymerase to RNA, the results document the presence of defective genomes in the transition of virus to error catastrophe...