Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ubc4
Description: ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme Ubc4
Alias: ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme Ubc4
Species: fission yeast
- Javerzat J, Cranston G, Allshire R. Fission yeast genes which disrupt mitotic chromosome segregation when overexpressed. Nucleic Acids Res. 1996;24:4676-83 pubmed..Overexpression of cDNAs derived from four genes, two known (nda3+and ubc4+, encoding beta-tubulin and a ubiquitin conjugating enzyme, respectively) and two unknown, named mlo2+ and mlo3+ (..
- Wei Y, Diao L, Lu S, Wang H, Suo F, Dong M, et al. SUMO-Targeted DNA Translocase Rrp2 Protects the Genome from Top2-Induced DNA Damage. Mol Cell. 2017;66:581-596.e6 pubmed publisher..The budding yeast homolog of Rrp2, Uls1, plays a similar role, indicating that this genome protection mechanism is widely employed, a finding with implications for cancer treatment. ..
- Raychaudhuri S, Espenshade P. Endoplasmic Reticulum Exit of Golgi-resident Defective for SREBP Cleavage (Dsc) E3 Ligase Complex Requires Its Activity. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:14430-40 pubmed publisher..assay, we demonstrated that Dsc1 has ubiquitin E3 ligase activity that requires the E2 ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme Ubc4. Mutations that specifically block Dsc1-Ubc4 interaction prevent SREBP cleavage, indicating that SREBP activation ..
- Horikoshi Y, Habu T, Matsumoto T. An E2 enzyme Ubc11 is required for ubiquitination of Slp1/Cdc20 and spindle checkpoint silencing in fission yeast. Cell Cycle. 2013;12:961-71 pubmed publisher..Other APC/C substrates, in contrast, were degraded on schedule. We have also found that a loss of Ubc4, the other E2 required for progression through mitosis, does not affect the stability of Slp1...
- Urnov F. Chromatin as a tool for the study of genome function in cancer. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2003;983:5-21 pubmed..into a specific chromatin architecture. This architectural entity provides a general molecular signature of the cancer epigenome that complements and significantly expands its DNA methylation-based component. ..
- Murray J, Johnson D. Isolation and characterization of Nrf1p, a novel negative regulator of the Cdc42p GTPase in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Genetics. 2000;154:155-65 pubmed..GFP-Nrf1p vacuolar localization depended on the S. pombe Cdc24p homolog Scd1p. Taken together, these data are consistent with Nrf1p functioning as a negative regulator of Cdc42p within the cell polarity pathway. ..
- Olsen S, Lima C. Structure of a ubiquitin E1-E2 complex: insights to E1-E2 thioester transfer. Mol Cell. 2013;49:884-96 pubmed publisher..Here we present a crystal structure of a Ub E1-E2(Ubc4)/Ub/ATP·Mg complex that was stabilized by induction of a disulfide bond between the E1 and E2 active sites...
- Irvine D, Goto D, Vaughn M, Nakaseko Y, McCombie W, Yanagida M, et al. Mapping epigenetic mutations in fission yeast using whole-genome next-generation sequencing. Genome Res. 2009;19:1077-83 pubmed publisher..By this procedure we identified a weak allele of ubc4, which encodes an essential E2 ubiquitin ligase, as responsible for the swi*603 mutant phenotype...
- Geyer R, Wee S, Anderson S, Yates J, Wolf D. BTB/POZ domain proteins are putative substrate adaptors for cullin 3 ubiquitin ligases. Mol Cell. 2003;12:783-90 pubmed..We propose that the BTB/POZ domain defines a recognition motif for the assembly of substrate-specific RING/cullin 3/BTB ubiquitin ligase complexes. ..
- Damagnez V, Rolfe M, Cottarel G. Schizosaccharomyces pombe and Candida albicans cDNA homologues of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae UBC4 gene. Gene. 1995;155:137-8 pubmedcDNA homologues of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae UBC4 and UBC5 genes, encoding putative ubiquitin conjugating enzymes, were isolated and characterized from the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe and from the pathogenic dimorphic yeast ..