Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ubc13
Description: ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme Ubc13
Alias: spu13, ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme Ubc13
Species: fission yeast
- Dolan W, Le A, Schmidt H, Yuan J, Green M, Forsburg S. Fission yeast Hsk1 (Cdc7) kinase is required after replication initiation for induced mutagenesis and proper response to DNA alkylation damage. Genetics. 2010;185:39-53 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Hsk1-Dfp1 kinase functions post-initiation to maintain replication fork stability, an activity potentially mediated by the C terminus of Dfp1. ..
- Køhler J, Jørgensen M, Beinoraité G, Thorsen M, Thon G. Concerted action of the ubiquitin-fusion degradation protein 1 (Ufd1) and Sumo-targeted ubiquitin ligases (STUbLs) in the DNA-damage response. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e80442 pubmed publisher..Broader functional relationships between Ufd1 and STUbLs conceivably affect numerous cellular processes beyond the DDR...
- Tapia Alveal C, Lin S, Yeoh A, Jabado O, O Connell M. H2A.Z-dependent regulation of cohesin dynamics on chromosome arms. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:2092-104 pubmed publisher..Z suppress the mitotic defects conferred by Smc5/6 dysfunction. Together, H2A.Z and the SMC complexes ensure genome integrity through accurate chromosome segregation. ..
- Mastro T, Forsburg S. Increased meiotic crossovers and reduced genome stability in absence of Schizosaccharomyces pombe Rad16 (XPF). Genetics. 2014;198:1457-72 pubmed publisher..Thus, the XPF/XPA module of the nucleotide excision repair pathway is incorporated into multiple aspects of genome maintenance even in the absence of external DNA damage. ..
- Yadav R, Jablonowski C, Fernandez A, Lowe B, Henry R, Finkelstein D, et al. Histone H3G34R mutation causes replication stress, homologous recombination defects and genomic instability in S. pombe. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..This analysis of H3-G34R mutant fission yeast provides mechanistic insight into how G34R mutation may promote genomic instability in glioma. ..