Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: srw1
Description: CDK inhibitor Srw1
Alias: ste9, CDK inhibitor Srw1
Species: fission yeast
- Trickey M, Fujimitsu K, Yamano H. Anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome-mediated proteolysis of Ams2 in the G1 phase ensures the coupling of histone gene expression to DNA replication in fission yeast. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:928-37 pubmed publisher..Ubiquitylation and destruction of Ams2 is dependent upon a coactivator Cdh1/Ste9 and the KEN box in the C terminus of Ams2...
- Sipiczki M. The role of sterility genes (ste and aff) in the initiation of sexual development in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Mol Gen Genet. 1988;213:529-34 pubmed..Those defective in genes ste1 to ste4 and ste7 to ste9 are also deficient in meiosis and sporulation...
- Yamaguchi S, Okayama H, Nurse P. Fission yeast Fizzy-related protein srw1p is a G(1)-specific promoter of mitotic cyclin B degradation. EMBO J. 2000;19:3968-77 pubmed..We propose that this phosphorylation targets srw1p for proteolysis and inhibits its activity to promote cdc13p turnover. ..
- Kimata Y, Kitamura K, Fenner N, Yamano H. Mes1 controls the meiosis I to meiosis II transition by distinctly regulating the anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome coactivators Fzr1/Mfr1 and Slp1 in fission yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:1486-94 pubmed publisher..Thus Mes1 interacts with two coactivators in a different way to control the activity of the APC/C required for the meiosis I/meiosis II transition...
- Yamaguchi S, Murakami H, Okayama H. A WD repeat protein controls the cell cycle and differentiation by negatively regulating Cdc2/B-type cyclin complexes. Mol Biol Cell. 1997;8:2475-86 pubmed..We recently isolated a new gene named srw1(+), capable of encoding a WD repeat protein, as a multicopy suppressor of hyperactivated p34(cdc2)...
- Chu Z, Eshaghi M, Poon S, Liu J. A Cds1-mediated checkpoint protects the MBF activator Rep2 from ubiquitination by anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome-Ste9 at S-phase arrest in fission yeast. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:4959-70 pubmed publisher..b>Ste9 can be phosphorylated by the checkpoint kinase Cds1 in vitro, and its inhibition/phosphorylation at S-phase arrest ..
- Rodr guez S nchez L, Rodr guez L pez M, Garc a Z, Tenorio G mez M, Schvartzman J, Krimer D, et al. The fission yeast rDNA-binding protein Reb1 regulates G1 phase under nutritional stress. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:25-34 pubmed publisher..We found that Schizosaccharomyces pombe Reb1 also upregulates transcription of the ste9(+) gene that is required for nitrogen-starvation-induced growth arrest with a G1 DNA content and sexual ..