Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: slp1
Description: WD repeat-containing protein
Alias: cdc20, WD repeat-containing protein
Species: fission yeast
- Chikashige Y, Yamane M, Okamasa K, Osakada H, Tsutsumi C, Nagahama Y, et al. Fission yeast APC/C activators Slp1 and Fzr1 sequentially trigger two consecutive nuclear divisions during meiosis. FEBS Lett. 2017;591:1029-1040 pubmed publisher..In this mutant, we found that the initiation codon of the slp1+ gene is converted to ATA, producing a reduced amount of Slp1...
- Sewart K, Hauf S. Different Functionality of Cdc20 Binding Sites within the Mitotic Checkpoint Complex. Curr Biol. 2017;27:1213-1220 pubmed publisher..Checkpoint signaling produces the "mitotic checkpoint complex" (MCC), which prevents anaphase by targeting Cdc20, the activator of the anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome (APC/C)...
- Matsumura T, Yuasa T, Hayashi T, Obara T, Kimata Y, Yanagida M. A brute force postgenome approach to identify temperature-sensitive mutations that negatively interact with separase and securin plasmids. Genes Cells. 2003;8:341-55 pubmed..In addition, the manner of the inhibition by high copy securin and separase plasmids were quite different each other and did not result in the mitotic block. ..
- Sugimoto I, Murakami H, Tonami Y, Moriyama A, Nakanishi M. DNA replication checkpoint control mediated by the spindle checkpoint protein Mad2p in fission yeast. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:47372-8 pubmed..These results suggested that Mad2p and Slp1p act downstream of Rad3p in the DNA replication checkpoint and that Mad2p is required for the DNA replication checkpoint when Cds1p is compromised. ..
- Tatebe H, Yanagida M. Cut8, essential for anaphase, controls localization of 26S proteasome, facilitating destruction of cyclin and Cut2. Curr Biol. 2000;10:1329-38 pubmed..Cut8 is a novel evolutionarily conserved heat-inducible regulator. It facilitates anaphase-promoting proteolysis by recruiting 26S proteasome to a functionally efficient nuclear location. ..
- Yamada H, Matsumoto S, Matsumoto T. High dosage expression of a zinc finger protein, Grt1, suppresses a mutant of fission yeast slp1(+), a homolog of CDC20/p55CDC/Fizzy. J Cell Sci. 2000;113 ( Pt 22):3989-99 pubmed..It requires ubiquitination of substrates by Anaphase Promoting Complex(APC)/Cyclosome. Slp1, a WD-repeat protein, is a putative activator for APC in fission yeast...
- Kimata Y, Kitamura K, Fenner N, Yamano H. Mes1 controls the meiosis I to meiosis II transition by distinctly regulating the anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome coactivators Fzr1/Mfr1 and Slp1 in fission yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:1486-94 pubmed publisher..We study all the coactivators present in the yeast genome and find that only Slp1/Cdc20 is essential for meiosis I progression...
- Elmore Z, Beckley J, Chen J, Gould K. Histone H2B ubiquitination promotes the function of the anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. G3 (Bethesda). 2014;4:1529-38 pubmed publisher..associated DUB, suppressed temperature-sensitive phenotypes of APC/C mutants cut9-665, lid1-6, cut4-533, and slp1-362...
- Zich J, May K, Paraskevopoulos K, Sen O, Syred H, van der Sar S, et al. Mps1Mph1 Kinase Phosphorylates Mad3 to Inhibit Cdc20Slp1-APC/C and Maintain Spindle Checkpoint Arrests. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1005834 pubmed publisher..phospho-mimics are potent APC/C inhibitors in vitro, demonstrating that Mad3p modification can directly influence Cdc20(Slp1)-APC/C activity...