Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: sid4
Description: SIN component scaffold protein Sid4
Alias: SIN component scaffold protein Sid4
Species: fission yeast
- Tomlin G, Morrell J, Gould K. The spindle pole body protein Cdc11p links Sid4p to the fission yeast septation initiation network. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:1203-14 pubmed..The N-terminus of Cdc11p is required for Spg1p binding to SPBs. Our studies indicate that Cdc11p provides a physical link between Sid4p and the Spg1p signaling pathway. ..
- Beltraminelli N, Murone M, Simanis V. The S. pombe zfs1 gene is required to prevent septation if mitotic progression is inhibited. J Cell Sci. 1999;112 Pt 18:3103-14 pubmed..The genetic interactions of zfs1 with genes regulating septum formation suggest that it may be a modulator of the signal transduction network controlling the onset of septum formation and exit from mitosis. ..
- Karagiannis J, Oulton R, Young P. The Scw1 RNA-binding domain protein regulates septation and cell-wall structure in fission yeast. Genetics. 2002;162:45-58 pubmed..mutations also suppress the lethality of mutations (cdc11-136, cdc7-24, cdc14-118, sid1-239, sid2-250, sid3-106, sid4-A1, and mob1-1) at all levels of the sid pathway...
- Bimbo A, Liu J, Balasubramanian M. Roles of Pdk1p, a fission yeast protein related to phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase, in the regulation of mitosis and cytokinesis. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:3162-75 pubmed..We also present evidence that the effects of Pdk1p on cytokinesis are likely mediated via the fission yeast anillin-related protein, Mid1p, and the septation initiation network. ..
- Jin Q, McCollum D. Scw1p antagonizes the septation initiation network to regulate septum formation and cell separation in the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Eukaryot Cell. 2003;2:510-20 pubmed
- Chan K, Alonso NuÃ±ez M, Grallert A, Tanaka K, Connolly Y, Smith D, et al. Dialogue between centrosomal entrance and exit scaffold pathways regulates mitotic commitment. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:2795-2812 pubmed publisherThe fission yeast scaffold molecule Sid4 anchors the septum initiation network to the spindle pole body (SPB, centrosome equivalent) to control mitotic exit events...
- Rosenberg J, Tomlin G, McDonald W, Snydsman B, Muller E, Yates J, et al. Ppc89 links multiple proteins, including the septation initiation network, to the core of the fission yeast spindle-pole body. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:3793-805 pubmed..actomyosin ring constriction and septation, is assembled at the SPB through its two scaffolding components, Sid4 and Cdc11...
- Feoktistova A, Morrell Falvey J, Chen J, Singh N, Balasubramanian M, Gould K. The fission yeast septation initiation network (SIN) kinase, Sid2, is required for SIN asymmetry and regulates the SIN scaffold, Cdc11. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:1636-45 pubmed publisher..The SIN is assembled at the spindle pole body (SPB) on the scaffold proteins Cdc11 and Sid4, with Cdc11 binding directly to SIN signaling components...
- Ray S, Kume K, Gupta S, Ge W, Balasubramanian M, Hirata D, et al. The mitosis-to-interphase transition is coordinated by cross talk between the SIN and MOR pathways in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. J Cell Biol. 2010;190:793-805 pubmed publisher..Together, our results reveal a mutually antagonistic relationship between the SIN and MOR pathways, which is important for completion of cytokinesis and coordination of cytoskeletal remodeling at the mitosis-to-interphase transition. ..
- Li W, Yu Z, Ma P, Wang Y, Jin Q. A novel role of Dma1 in regulating forespore membrane assembly and sporulation in fission yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2010;21:4349-60 pubmed publisher..the maintenance of this localization at meiosis II depends on septation initiation network (SIN) scaffold proteins Sid4 and Cdc11...
- Mulvihill D, Barretto C, Hyams J. Localization of fission yeast type II myosin, Myo2, to the cytokinetic actin ring is regulated by phosphorylation of a C-terminal coiled-coil domain and requires a functional septation initiation network. Mol Biol Cell. 2001;12:4044-53 pubmed..Cdc7 and Sid2 are involved in ring formation, in the case of Cdc7 by phosphorylation of a single serine residue in the Myo2 tail. Other kinases and/or phosphatases may control ring contraction. ..
- Johnson A, Collier S, Ohi M, Gould K. Fission yeast Dma1 requires RING domain dimerization for its ubiquitin ligase activity and mitotic checkpoint function. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:25741-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, Dma1 forms an obligate dimer via its RING domain, which is essential for efficient transfer of ubiquitin to its substrate(s). This study further supports the mechanistic paradigm that many RING E3 ligases function as RING dimers. ..
- Wang Y, Li W, Johnson A, Luo Z, Sun X, Feoktistova A, et al. Dnt1 acts as a mitotic inhibitor of the spindle checkpoint protein dma1 in fission yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:3348-56 pubmed publisher..Dma1 delays mitotic exit and cytokinesis by ubiquitinating a scaffold protein (Sid4) of the septation initiation network, which, in turn, antagonizes the ability of the Polo-like kinase Plo1 to ..
- Fournier N, Cerutti L, Beltraminelli N, Salimova E, Simanis V. Bypass of the requirement for cdc16p GAP function in Schizosaccharomyces pombe by mutation of the septation initiation network genes. Arch Microbiol. 2001;175:62-9 pubmed..in all the previously described septation initiation network genes were obtained, with the exception of byr4, sid4 and plo1...
- Johnson A, Chen J, Gould K. CK1 is required for a mitotic checkpoint that delays cytokinesis. Curr Biol. 2013;23:1920-6 pubmed publisher..pombe Dma1 concentrates at spindle pole bodies (SPBs) in an FHA-dependent manner and ubiquitinates Sid4, a scaffold of Polo kinase, to suspend cytokinesis...
- Goss J, Kim S, Bledsoe H, Pollard T. Characterization of the roles of Blt1p in fission yeast cytokinesis. Mol Biol Cell. 2014;25:1946-57 pubmed publisher..We find three defects that likely contribute to this delay. Without Blt1p, contractile rings recruited and retained less Sid2p/Mob1p and Clp1p phosphatase, and ?-glucan synthase Bgs1p accumulated slowly at the cleavage site. ..