Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: rpt2
Description: 19S proteasome regulatory subunit Rpt2
Alias: mts2, 19S proteasome regulatory subunit Rpt2
Species: fission yeast
- Seeger M, Hartmann Petersen R, Wilkinson C, Wallace M, Samejima I, Taylor M, et al. Interaction of the anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome and proteasome protein complexes with multiubiquitin chain-binding proteins. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:16791-6 pubmed..The putative role of Pus1 as a factor involved in allocation of ubiquitinylated substrates for the proteasome is discussed. ..
- Jossé L, Harley M, Pires I, Hughes D. Fission yeast Dss1 associates with the proteasome and is required for efficient ubiquitin-dependent proteolysis. Biochem J. 2006;393:303-9 pubmed..These findings show that DSS1 has an evolutionarily conserved role as a regulator of proteasome function and suggest that DSS1 may provide a link between BRCA2 and ubiquitin-mediated proteolysis in human cells. ..
- Cabrera R, Sha Z, Vadakkan T, Otero J, Kriegenburg F, Hartmann Petersen R, et al. Proteasome nuclear import mediated by Arc3 can influence efficient DNA damage repair and mitosis in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Mol Biol Cell. 2010;21:3125-36 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that proteasomes display Arc3-dependent mobility in the cell, and mobile proteasomes can efficiently access substrates throughout the cell, allowing them to effectively regulate cell-compartment-specific activities. ..
- Kitagawa T, Ishii K, Takeda K, Matsumoto T. The 19S proteasome subunit Rpt3 regulates distribution of CENP-A by associating with centromeric chromatin. Nat Commun. 2014;5:3597 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose that the proteasome (or its subcomplex) associates with centromeric chromatin and regulates distribution of CENP-A...
- Kampmeyer C, Karakostova A, Schenstrøm S, Abildgaard A, Lauridsen A, Jourdain I, et al. The exocyst subunit Sec3 is regulated by a protein quality control pathway. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:15240-15253 pubmed publisher..One of the suppressing DNAs encoded a truncated dominant-negative variant of the 26S proteasome subunit, Rpt2, indicating that exocyst degradation is controlled by the ubiquitin-proteasome system...