Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: rpn12
Description: 19S proteasome regulatory subunit Rpn12
Alias: SPBC342.07, mts3, 19S proteasome regulatory subunit Rpn12
Species: fission yeast
- Yen H, Gordon C, Chang E. Schizosaccharomyces pombe Int6 and Ras homologs regulate cell division and mitotic fidelity via the proteasome. Cell. 2003;112:207-17 pubmed..We propose that human Int6, either alone or cooperatively with Ras, influences proteasome activities via Rpn5. Inactivating Int6 can lead to accumulation of mitotic regulators affecting cell division and mitotic fidelity. ..
- Tatebe H, Yanagida M. Cut8, essential for anaphase, controls localization of 26S proteasome, facilitating destruction of cyclin and Cut2. Curr Biol. 2000;10:1329-38 pubmed..Cut8 is a novel evolutionarily conserved heat-inducible regulator. It facilitates anaphase-promoting proteolysis by recruiting 26S proteasome to a functionally efficient nuclear location. ..
- Yen H, Espiritu C, Chang E. Rpn5 is a conserved proteasome subunit and required for proper proteasome localization and assembly. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:30669-76 pubmed..Human Rpn5 rescues the phenotypes associated with rpn5Delta and is incorporated into the yeast proteasome, suggesting that Rpn5 functions are highly conserved. ..
- Boehringer J, Riedinger C, Paraskevopoulos K, Johnson E, Lowe E, Khoudian C, et al. Structural and functional characterization of Rpn12 identifies residues required for Rpn10 proteasome incorporation. Biochem J. 2012;448:55-65 pubmed publisherThe ubiquitin-proteasome system targets selected proteins for degradation by the 26S proteasome. Rpn12 is an essential component of the 19S regulatory particle and plays a role in recruiting the extrinsic ubiquitin receptor Rpn10...
- Penney M, Samejima I, Wilkinson C, McInerny C, Mathiassen S, Wallace M, et al. Fission yeast 26S proteasome mutants are multi-drug resistant due to stabilization of the Pap1 transcription factor. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e50796 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, mutants lacking Rhp6 or Ubr1 display drug-resistant phenotypes. ..
- Stone M, Hartmann Petersen R, Seeger M, Bech Otschir D, Wallace M, Gordon C. Uch2/Uch37 is the major deubiquitinating enzyme associated with the 26S proteasome in fission yeast. J Mol Biol. 2004;344:697-706 pubmed..to play a more regulatory and/or structural role involving the proteasome subunits Mts1/Rpn9, Mts2/Rpt2 and Mts3/Rpn12, as Ubp6 becomes essential when activity of these subunits is compromised by conditional mutations...
- Sha Z, Yen H, Scheel H, Suo J, Hofmann K, Chang E. Isolation of the Schizosaccharomyces pombe proteasome subunit Rpn7 and a structure-function study of the proteasome-COP9-initiation factor domain. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:32414-23 pubmed..Disruption of such an arrangement in the PCI domain may substantially inactivate many PCI proteins and block their binding to other proteins. ..
- Takeda K, Yoshida T, Kikuchi S, Nagao K, Kokubu A, Pluskal T, et al. Synergistic roles of the proteasome and autophagy for mitochondrial maintenance and chronological lifespan in fission yeast. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:3540-5 pubmed publisher..Proteasome and autophagy are thus collaborative to support the lifespan of S. pombe G0 phase. ..