Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: rpn11
Description: 19S proteasome regulatory subunit Rpn11
Alias: bfr2, mts5, pad1, sks1, 19S proteasome regulatory subunit Rpn11
Species: fission yeast
- Takeda K, Yanagida M. Regulation of nuclear proteasome by Rhp6/Ubc2 through ubiquitination and destruction of the sensor and anchor Cut8. Cell. 2005;122:393-405 pubmed..The short-lived nature of Cut8 is crucial for feedback enrichment of the proteasome within the nucleus. This is likely to be a conserved mechanism as we describe a Cut8 homolog in flies. ..
- Usui T, Yoshida M, Honda A, Beppu T, Horinouchi S. A K-252a-resistance gene, sks1+, encodes a protein similar to the Caenorhabditis elegans F37 A4.5 gene product and confers multidrug resistance in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Gene. 1995;161:93-6 pubmedA gene named sks1+ was cloned as a suppressor of the K-252a-sensitivity phenotype of Schizosaccharomyces pombe (Sp) from a gene library of the parental Sp chromosomal DNA constructed with a multicopy vector pDB248'...
- Kumada K, Yanagida M, Toda T. Caffeine-resistance in fission yeast is caused by mutations in a single essential gene, crm1+. Mol Gen Genet. 1996;250:59-68 pubmed..These results show that the crm1+ gene is a major locus for caffeine resistance, which arises from Pap1-dependent transcriptional activation. ..
- Jossé L, Harley M, Pires I, Hughes D. Fission yeast Dss1 associates with the proteasome and is required for efficient ubiquitin-dependent proteolysis. Biochem J. 2006;393:303-9 pubmed..First, overexpression of two components of the 19 S RP, namely Pad1/Rpn11 and Mts3/Rpn12, rescued the temperature-sensitive growth defect of the dss1 mutant...
- Yen H, Espiritu C, Chang E. Rpn5 is a conserved proteasome subunit and required for proper proteasome localization and assembly. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:30669-76 pubmed..Human Rpn5 rescues the phenotypes associated with rpn5Delta and is incorporated into the yeast proteasome, suggesting that Rpn5 functions are highly conserved. ..
- Saito Y, Takeda J, Okada M, Kobayashi J, Kato A, Hirota K, et al. The proteasome factor Bag101 binds to Rad22 and suppresses homologous recombination. Sci Rep. 2013;3:2022 pubmed publisher..Rad22 physically interacted with the BAG domain of Bag101, and a lack of this domain enhanced HR frequency. Similarly, radiation exposure triggered the dissociation of these proteins so that Rad22 was stabilized and able to enhance HR...
- Wilkinson C, Ferrell K, Penney M, Wallace M, Dubiel W, Gordon C. Analysis of a gene encoding Rpn10 of the fission yeast proteasome reveals that the polyubiquitin-binding site of this subunit is essential when Rpn12/Mts3 activity is compromised. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:15182-92 pubmed..lethal with mutations in other proteasomal component-encoding genes, namely mts3, pad1, and mts4 (RPN12, RPN11, and RPN1)...
- Mannen T, Andoh T, Tani T. Dss1 associating with the proteasome functions in selective nuclear mRNA export in yeast. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;365:664-71 pubmed..We identified the pad1(+) gene, which encodes a component of the 26S proteasome, as a suppressor for the ts(-) phenotype of Deltadss1...
- Ambroggio X, Rees D, Deshaies R. JAMM: a metalloprotease-like zinc site in the proteasome and signalosome. PLoS Biol. 2004;2:E2 pubmed publisherThe JAMM (JAB1/MPN/Mov34 metalloenzyme) motif in Rpn11 and Csn5 underlies isopeptidase activities intrinsic to the proteasome and signalosome, respectively...