Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: rpb7
Description: DNA-directed RNA polymerase complex II subunit Rpb7
Alias: SPAPYUK71.02, DNA-directed RNA polymerase complex II subunit Rpb7
Species: fission yeast
- Spahr H, Beve J, Larsson T, Bergstrom J, Karlsson K, Gustafsson C. Purification and characterization of RNA polymerase II holoenzyme from Schizosaccharomyces pombe. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:1351-6 pubmed..cerevisiae. We suggest that the overall structure and mechanism of the Mediator is evolutionary conserved. The subunit composition, however, has evolved to respond properly to physiological signals. ..
- Mitsuzawa H, Kanda E, Ishihama A. Rpb7 subunit of RNA polymerase II interacts with an RNA-binding protein involved in processing of transcripts. Nucleic Acids Res. 2003;31:4696-701 pubmedRpb4-Rpb7, a dissociable subcomplex of RNA polymerase II (pol II), is required for transcription initiation...
- Hayashi K, Watanabe T, Tanaka A, Furumoto T, Sato Tsuchiya C, Kimura M, et al. Studies of Schizosaccharomyces pombe TFIIE indicate conformational and functional changes in RNA polymerase II at transcription initiation. Genes Cells. 2005;10:207-24 pubmed
- Bah A, Wischnewski H, Shchepachev V, Azzalin C. The telomeric transcriptome of Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:2995-3005 pubmed publisher..We also show that the RNAPII subunit Rpb7 and the non-canonical poly(A) polymerases Cid12 and Cid14 are involved in the regulation of TERRA, ARIA, ARRET and ?..
- Ishiguro A, Kimura M, Yasui K, Iwata A, Ueda S, Ishihama A. Two large subunits of the fission yeast RNA polymerase II provide platforms for the assembly of small subunits. J Mol Biol. 1998;279:703-12 pubmed..of 19 combinations, including five combinations between small subunits, Rpb3-Rpb10, Rpb3-Rpb11, Rpb5-Rpb6, Rpb6-Rpb7 and Rpb6-Rpb8...
- Tucker J, Ohle C, Schermann G, Bendrin K, Zhang W, Fischer T, et al. A Novel Epigenetic Silencing Pathway Involving the Highly Conserved 5'-3' Exoribonuclease Dhp1/Rat1/Xrn2 in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1005873 pubmed publisher..The results describe the unexpected role of Dhp1/Rat1/Xrn2 in chromatin-based silencing and elucidate how various RNA-processing pathways, acting together or independently, contribute to epigenetic regulation of the eukaryotic genome. ..
- Kimura M, Ishiguro A, Ishihama A. RNA polymerase II subunits 2, 3, and 11 form a core subassembly with DNA binding activity. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:25851-5 pubmed..Both the Rpb2-Rpb3-Rpb11 complex and the free Rpb1 protein showed DNA binding activity, although the affinity was weaker compared with the intact RNA polymerase. ..
- Kimura M, Sakurai H, Ishihama A. Intracellular contents and assembly states of all 12 subunits of the RNA polymerase II in the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Eur J Biochem. 2001;268:612-9 pubmed..In agreement with the biochemical analysis, the GFP-Rpb1 and GFP-Rpb3 fusions were present in the nuclei but the GFP-Rpb4 was detected in the cytoplasm as well as the nuclei. ..
- Tamayo E, Bernal G, Teno U, Maldonado E. Mediator is required for activated transcription in a Schizosaccharomyces pombe in vitro system. Eur J Biochem. 2004;271:2561-72 pubmed..pombe system. These results indicate that Sc. pombe uses the same set of general transcription factors as other eukaryotes and that the Mediator is involved in activated transcription. ..
- Spahr H, Calero G, Bushnell D, Kornberg R. Schizosacharomyces pombe RNA polymerase II at 3.6-A resolution. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:9185-90 pubmed publisher..pombe and humans. Amino acid changes apparently responsible for the structural differences are also conserved between S. pombe and humans, suggesting that the S. pombe structure may be a good surrogate for that of the human enzyme. ..
- Sakurai H, Mitsuzawa H, Kimura M, Ishihama A. The Rpb4 subunit of fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe RNA polymerase II is essential for cell viability and similar in structure to the corresponding subunits of higher eukaryotes. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:7511-8 pubmed..pombe Rpb4 formed stable hybrid heterodimers with S. cerevisiae RPB7, suggesting that S...
- Kumar D, Sharma N. Modulating the level of the Rpb7 subunit of RNA polymerase II affects cell separation in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Res Microbiol. 2015;166:20-7 pubmed publisherThe rpb7(+) gene encodes the seventh largest subunit of RNA polymerase II and is essential for survival of yeast cells...