Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: rng2
Description: IQ motif containing GTPase activating protein
Alias: IQ motif containing GTPase activating protein
Species: fission yeast
- Salimova E, Sohrmann M, Fournier N, Simanis V. The S. pombe orthologue of the S. cerevisiae mob1 gene is essential and functions in signalling the onset of septum formation. J Cell Sci. 2000;113 ( Pt 10):1695-704 pubmed..We also demonstrate that mob1p can be precipitated from cells in a complex with the septation regulating kinase sid2p. ..
- Wu J, Kuhn J, Kovar D, Pollard T. Spatial and temporal pathway for assembly and constriction of the contractile ring in fission yeast cytokinesis. Dev Cell. 2003;5:723-34 pubmed..Ring contraction and disassembly begin 37 min after SPB separation. This spatial and temporal hierarchy provides the framework for analysis of molecular mechanisms. ..
- Almonacid M, Celton Morizur S, Jakubowski J, Dingli F, Loew D, Mayeux A, et al. Temporal control of contractile ring assembly by Plo1 regulation of myosin II recruitment by Mid1/anillin. Curr Biol. 2011;21:473-9 pubmed publisher..phosphorylates several residues within the first 100 amino acids of Mid1, which directly interact with the IQGAP Rng2, and influences the timing of myosin II recruitment...
- Pinar M, Coll P, Rincon S, Perez P. Schizosaccharomyces pombe Pxl1 is a paxillin homologue that modulates Rho1 activity and participates in cytokinesis. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:1727-38 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest that Pxl1 modulates Rho1 GTPase signaling and plays a role in the formation and contraction of the actomyosin ring during cytokinesis. ..
- Kovar D, Wu J, Pollard T. Profilin-mediated competition between capping protein and formin Cdc12p during cytokinesis in fission yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:2313-24 pubmed..Given that capping protein arrives at the division site 20 min later than Cdc12p, capping protein may slowly replace Cdc12p on filament barbed ends in preparation for filament disassembly during ring constriction. ..
- Arasada R, Pollard T. A role for F-BAR protein Rga7p during cytokinesis in S. pombe. J Cell Sci. 2015;128:2259-68 pubmed publisher..The late arrival and lower than normal numbers of Bgs4p result in septal defects late in cytokinesis, and in the lysis of separating cells, similar to that in cells with mutations in the cwg1(+) gene (which encodes Bgs4p). ..
- Mata J. Genome-wide mapping of myosin protein-RNA networks suggests the existence of specialized protein production sites. FASEB J. 2010;24:479-84 pubmed publisher..I propose that these complexes represent specialized sites for the production of myosin proteins and the assembly of cytoskeletal components, respectively. ..
- Nakano K, Mabuchi I. Actin-capping protein is involved in controlling organization of actin cytoskeleton together with ADF/cofilin, profilin and F-actin crosslinking proteins in fission yeast. Genes Cells. 2006;11:893-905 pubmed..In addition, CP is likely involved in assembling the F-actin contractile ring and F-actin patch with F-actin-crosslinking proteins. ..
- Tebbs I, Pollard T. Separate roles of IQGAP Rng2p in forming and constricting the Schizosaccharomyces pombe cytokinetic contractile ring. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:1904-17 pubmed publisher..The Rng2p C-terminal domain is the only domain essential for viability. Our studies identified several distinct functions of Rng2 at multiple stages of cytokinesis.
- Goss J, Kim S, Bledsoe H, Pollard T. Characterization of the roles of Blt1p in fission yeast cytokinesis. Mol Biol Cell. 2014;25:1946-57 pubmed publisher..We find three defects that likely contribute to this delay. Without Blt1p, contractile rings recruited and retained less Sid2p/Mob1p and Clp1p phosphatase, and ?-glucan synthase Bgs1p accumulated slowly at the cleavage site. ..
- Nakano K, Satoh K, Morimatsu A, Ohnuma M, Mabuchi I. Interactions among a fimbrin, a capping protein, and an actin-depolymerizing factor in organization of the fission yeast actin cytoskeleton. Mol Biol Cell. 2001;12:3515-26 pubmed..Finally, genetic studies suggested that Fim1 may function in cytokinesis in cooperation with Cdc15 (PSTPIP) and Rng2 (IQGAP), respectively.
- Balasubramanian M, McCollum D, Chang L, Wong K, Naqvi N, He X, et al. Isolation and characterization of new fission yeast cytokinesis mutants. Genetics. 1998;149:1265-75 pubmed..In addition, we have characterized a phenotype that has not been described previously in cytokinesis mutants, namely the failure to reorganize actin patches to the medial region of the cell in preparation for septum formation. ..
- Coffman V, Sees J, Kovar D, Wu J. The formins Cdc12 and For3 cooperate during contractile ring assembly in cytokinesis. J Cell Biol. 2013;203:101-14 pubmed publisher..Together, these data indicate that different formins cooperate in cytokinesis and that de novo actin assembly at the division site is predominant for contractile ring formation. ..