Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: rhp6
Description: ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2 2
Alias: sng1, ubc2, ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2 2
Species: fission yeast
- Doe C, Whitby M. The involvement of Srs2 in post-replication repair and homologous recombination in fission yeast. Nucleic Acids Res. 2004;32:1480-91 pubmed..In addition to acting as an antirecombinase, we also show that Srs2 can aid the recombinational repair of camptothecin-induced collapsed replication forks, independently of PRR. ..
- Olsen S, Lima C. Structure of a ubiquitin E1-E2 complex: insights to E1-E2 thioester transfer. Mol Cell. 2013;49:884-96 pubmed publisher..Comparison to a Ub E1/Ub/ATP·Mg structure reveals conformational changes in the E1 that bring the E1 and E2 active sites together...
- Penney M, Samejima I, Wilkinson C, McInerny C, Mathiassen S, Wallace M, et al. Fission yeast 26S proteasome mutants are multi-drug resistant due to stabilization of the Pap1 transcription factor. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e50796 pubmed publisher..We show that the ubiquitylation and ultimately the degradation of Pap1 depend on the Rhp6/Ubc2 E2 ubiquitin conjugating enzyme and the Ubr1 E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase...
- Reynolds P, Koken M, Hoeijmakers J, Prakash S, Prakash L. The rhp6+ gene of Schizosaccharomyces pombe: a structural and functional homolog of the RAD6 gene from the distantly related yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. EMBO J. 1990;9:1423-30 pubmed..Here, we show that RAD6 and the rhp6+ gene from the distantly related yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe share a high degree of structural and functional ..
- Kitamura K, Katayama S, Dhut S, Sato M, Watanabe Y, Yamamoto M, et al. Phosphorylation of Mei2 and Ste11 by Pat1 kinase inhibits sexual differentiation via ubiquitin proteolysis and 14-3-3 protein in fission yeast. Dev Cell. 2001;1:389-99 pubmed..Mei2 is degraded via a ubiquitin-proteasome pathway in a phosphorylation-dependent fashion. The E2 Ubc2 and the E3 Ubr1 are required for this proteolysis...
- Singh J, Goel V, Klar A. A novel function of the DNA repair gene rhp6 in mating-type silencing by chromatin remodeling in fission yeast. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:5511-22 pubmed..pombe as well as of S. cerevisiae. This unique mutant phenotype defined a locus which we named sng1 (for silencing not governed)...
- Osaka F, Seino H, Seno T, Yamao F. A ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme in fission yeast that is essential for the onset of anaphase in mitosis. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:3388-97 pubmed
- Tanny J, Erdjument Bromage H, Tempst P, Allis C. Ubiquitylation of histone H2B controls RNA polymerase II transcription elongation independently of histone H3 methylation. Genes Dev. 2007;21:835-47 pubmed..We propose that ubiquitylation of H2B impacts transcription elongation and nuclear architecture through its effects on chromatin dynamics. ..
- Lee C, Yeh T, Hughes B, Espenshade P. Regulation of the Sre1 hypoxic transcription factor by oxygen-dependent control of DNA binding. Mol Cell. 2011;44:225-34 pubmed publisher..In contrast to the HIF system, where proline hydroxylation is essential for regulation, Ofd1 inhibition of Sre1N does not require hydroxylation and, thus, defines a new mechanism for hypoxic gene regulation. ..
- Rowley R, Zhang J. Caffeine-mediated override of checkpoint controls. A requirement for rhp6 (Schizosaccharomyces pombe). Genetics. 1999;152:61-71 pubmed..Mutants 788 and 1176 are point mutants of rhp6, the fission yeast homolog of the budding yeast RAD6 gene...