Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: res1
Description: MBF transcription factor complex subunit Res1
Alias: sct1, MBF transcription factor complex subunit Res1
Species: fission yeast
- Obara Ishihara T, Okayama H. A B-type cyclin negatively regulates conjugation via interacting with cell cycle 'start' genes in fission yeast. EMBO J. 1994;13:1863-72 pubmed..b>res1+ and res2+ are the newly identified members of this family and encode putative association partners of the Cdc10 ..
- Zhu Y, Takeda T, Whitehall S, Peat N, Jones N. Functional characterization of the fission yeast Start-specific transcription factor Res2. EMBO J. 1997;16:1023-34 pubmed..Two such complexes have been identified; both contain the Cdc10 protein in partnership with either the Res1 or Res2 protein...
- Whitehall S, Stacey P, Dawson K, Jones N. Cell cycle-regulated transcription in fission yeast: Cdc10-Res protein interactions during the cell cycle and domains required for regulated transcription. Mol Biol Cell. 1999;10:3705-15 pubmed..at Start and is composed of a common subunit called Cdc10 in combination with two alternative DNA-binding partners, Res1 and Res2...
- Marks J, Fankhauser C, Reymond A, Simanis V. Cytoskeletal and DNA structure abnormalities result from bypass of requirement for the cdc10 start gene in the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe. J Cell Sci. 1992;101 ( Pt 3):517-28 pubmed..A single gene, sct1+ (suppressor of cdc ten), has been identified, mutation of which suppresses all conditional alleles and a null ..
- Ivanova T, Alves Rodrigues I, Gómez Escoda B, Dutta C, DeCaprio J, Rhind N, et al. The DNA damage and the DNA replication checkpoints converge at the MBF transcription factor. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:3350-7 pubmed publisher..Thus Yox1 and Cdc10 couple normal cell cycle regulation in unperturbed conditions and the DNA replication and DNA damage checkpoints into a single transcriptional complex. ..
- Aranda A, Proudfoot N. Transcriptional termination factors for RNA polymerase II in yeast. Mol Cell. 2001;7:1003-11 pubmed..Deletion of res2 in both fission and budding yeast results in a defect in 3' end formation. This raises the possibility that RNAP II transcriptional termination may in some situations be integrated with cell cycle events. ..
- Tournier S, Millar J. A role for the START gene-specific transcription factor complex in the inactivation of cyclin B and Cut2 destruction. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:3411-24 pubmed..Mutation of either Cdc10 or Res1 also deregulates MBF-dependent transcription and causes a G2 delay...
- Sturm S, Okayama H. Domains determining the functional distinction of the fission yeast cell cycle "start" molecules Res1 and Res2. Mol Biol Cell. 1996;7:1967-76 pubmed..quot;start" of the cell cycle is regulated by two parallel, functionally overlapping complexes composed of Res1-Cdc10 and Res2-Cdc10...
- Jackson W, Martin G. Transcription of the Schizosaccharomyces pombe gene cdc18+: roles of MCB elements and the DSC1 complex. Gene. 2006;369:100-8 pubmed..elements known as MluI Cell-cycle Boxes, or MCBs, and by a family of transcription factors, including Cdc10, Res1, Res2 and Rep2...
- Ayte J, Leis J, DeCaprio J. The fission yeast protein p73res2 is an essential component of the mitotic MBF complex and a master regulator of meiosis. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:6246-54 pubmed..These observations suggest that p73res2 plays a pivotal role at Start and constitutes an example of a transcription factor involved in the control of both mitotic and meiotic progression. ..
- Cohen A, Kupiec M, Weisman R. Gad8 Protein Is Found in the Nucleus Where It Interacts with the MluI Cell Cycle Box-binding Factor (MBF) Transcriptional Complex to Regulate the Response to DNA Replication Stress. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:9371-81 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings highlight critical functions of TORC2 in the nucleus and suggest a role in surviving DNA replication stress via transcriptional regulation of MBF target genes. ..