Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: prp4
Description: serine/threonine protein kinase Prp4
Alias: serine/threonine protein kinase Prp4
Species: fission yeast
- Eckert D, AndrÃ©e N, Razanau A, Zock Emmenthal S, LÃ¼tzelberger M, Plath S, et al. Prp4 Kinase Grants the License to Splice: Control of Weak Splice Sites during Spliceosome Activation. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1005768 pubmed publisher..In this study, we further characterized another of these essential kinases, Prp4, and showed that the splicing of many introns is dependent on Prp4 kinase activity...
- Maddock J, Weidenhammer E, Adams C, Lunz R, Woolford J. Extragenic suppressors of Saccharomyces cerevisiae prp4 mutations identify a negative regulator of PRP genes. Genetics. 1994;136:833-47 pubmedThe PRP4 gene encodes a protein that is a component of the U4/U6 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein particle and is necessary for both spliceosome assembly and pre-mRNA splicing...
- Alahari S, Schmidt H, Kaufer N. The fission yeast prp4+ gene involved in pre-mRNA splicing codes for a predicted serine/threonine kinase and is essential for growth. Nucleic Acids Res. 1993;21:4079-83 pubmed..We exploited yeast genetics and identified and isolated the prp4 gene...
- Sajiki K, Hatanaka M, Nakamura T, Takeda K, Shimanuki M, Yoshida T, et al. Genetic control of cellular quiescence in S. pombe. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:1418-29 pubmed publisher..We propose that the transcriptional role of Fcp1 is central in differentiating quiescence from proliferation. ..
- Lützelberger M, Bottner C, Schwelnus W, Zock Emmenthal S, Razanau A, Käufer N. The N-terminus of Prp1 (Prp6/U5-102 K) is essential for spliceosome activation in vivo. Nucleic Acids Res. 2010;38:1610-22 pubmed publisher..the N-terminus, which prevent splicing to occur, include in vitro and in vivo identified phosphorylation sites of Prp4 kinase. These sites are highly conserved in the human ortholog U5-102 K...