Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: pim1
Description: Ran GDP/GTP exchange factor
Alias: dcd1, ptr2, Ran GDP/GTP exchange factor
Species: fission yeast
- Fleig U, Salus S, Karig I, Sazer S. The fission yeast ran GTPase is required for microtubule integrity. J Cell Biol. 2000;151:1101-11 pubmed..As the SpRan mutant phenotype can be partially suppressed by the presence of extra Mal3p, we suggest that SpRan plays a role in microtubule stability. ..
- Ohba T, Nishijima H, Nishitani H, Nishimoto T. Schizosaccharomyces pombe Snf2SR, a novel SNF2 family protein, interacts with Ran GTPase and modulates both RanGEF and RanGAP activities. Genes Cells. 2008;13:571-82 pubmed publisher..pombe Ran homologue Spi1 and enhanced the nucleotide exchange activity of Pim1, the S. pombe RanGEF (guanine nucleotide exchange factor)...
- Umeda M, Izaddoost S, Cushman I, Moore M, Sazer S. The fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe has two importin-alpha proteins, Imp1p and Cut15p, which have common and unique functions in nucleocytoplasmic transport and cell cycle progression. Genetics. 2005;171:7-21 pubmed..Imp1p and Cut15p are essential for efficient nuclear protein import in S. pombe. ..
- Krien M, West R, John U, Koniaras K, McIntosh J, O Connell M. The fission yeast NIMA kinase Fin1p is required for spindle function and nuclear envelope integrity. EMBO J. 2002;21:1713-22 pubmed..These data support a role for Fin1p in spindle function and nuclear envelope transactions at or after the metaphase-anaphase transition that may be generally applicable to other NIMA-family members. ..
- Matsumoto T, Beach D. Interaction of the pim1/spi1 mitotic checkpoint with a protein phosphatase. Mol Biol Cell. 1993;4:337-45 pubmed..An extragenic suppressor of a mutant allele of pim1, esp1, has been isolated and characterized...
- Salus S, Demeter J, Sazer S. The Ran GTPase system in fission yeast affects microtubules and cytokinesis in cells that are competent for nucleocytoplasmic protein transport. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:8491-505 pubmed..exchange factor) mutants have defects in mitotic spindle formation; (ii) the RanGEF temperature-sensitive mutant pim1-d1 has abnormal actin ring structures at the septum...
- Sato M, Toda T. Alp7/TACC is a crucial target in Ran-GTPase-dependent spindle formation in fission yeast. Nature. 2007;447:334-7 pubmed..The Ran-deficient pim1 mutant (pim1-F201S) failed to show mitosis-specific nuclear accumulation of Alp7...
- S nchez A, Sharma S, Rozenzhak S, Roguev A, Krogan N, Chabes A, et al. Replication fork collapse and genome instability in a deoxycytidylate deaminase mutant. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:4445-54 pubmed publisher..Here, we report that deleting the Schizosaccharomyces pombe dcd1(+) dCMP deaminase gene (SPBC2G2.13c) increases dCTP ?30-fold and decreases dTTP ?4-fold...
- Matsumoto T, Beach D. Spi1 GTPase interacts with RCC1 to maintain interdependency of cell cycle events. Princess Takamatsu Symp. 1991;22:145-52 pubmedA mutant which can enter mitosis at any cell cycle stage has been isolated and characterized in fission yeast. The pim1 (premature initiation of mitosis) mutant prearrested at G1/S can develop a mitotic spindle and has tightly condensed ..
- Krien M, Bugg S, Palatsides M, Asouline G, Morimyo M, O Connell M. A NIMA homologue promotes chromatin condensation in fission yeast. J Cell Sci. 1998;111 ( Pt 7):967-76 pubmed..These data indicate that NIMA-related kinases may be a general feature of the cell cycle and chromatin organisation at mitosis. ..
- Hirose E, Mukai M, Shimada A, Nishitani H, Shibata Y, Nishimoto T. Loss of RanGEF/Pim1 activity abolishes the orchestration of Ran-mediated mitotic cellular events in S. pombe. Genes Cells. 2006;11:29-46 pubmed..We isolated 16 temperature-sensitive (ts) mutants of S. pombeRCC1-homolog, pim1+, by error-prone PCR. Five pim1(ts) mutants had a single mutation...
- Sazer S, Nurse P. A fission yeast RCC1-related protein is required for the mitosis to interphase transition. EMBO J. 1994;13:606-15 pubmed..The gene and suppressor of dcdts are identical to the previously described Schizosaccharomyces pombe genes pim1 (premature initiation of mitosis) and spi1 (suppressor of pim), but the dcdts mutant does not enter mitosis ..
- Matsuo Y, Kishimoto H, Tanae K, Kitamura K, Katayama S, Kawamukai M. Nuclear protein quality is regulated by the ubiquitin-proteasome system through the activity of Ubc4 and San1 in fission yeast. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:13775-90 pubmed publisher..The data also show, for the first time, the presence of a nuclear PQC system in fission yeast. ..
- Lucena R, Dephoure N, Gygi S, Kellogg D, Tallada V, Daga R, et al. Nucleocytoplasmic transport in the midzone membrane domain controls yeast mitotic spindle disassembly. J Cell Biol. 2015;209:387-402 pubmed publisher..Our findings illustrate how a separate membrane compartment supports spindle disassembly in the closed mitosis of fission yeast. ..