Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: pcr1
Description: transcription factor Pcr1
Alias: mts2, transcription factor Pcr1
Species: fission yeast
- Kanoh J, Watanabe Y, Ohsugi M, Iino Y, Yamamoto M. Schizosaccharomyces pombe gad7+ encodes a phosphoprotein with a bZIP domain, which is required for proper G1 arrest and gene expression under nitrogen starvation. Genes Cells. 1996;1:391-408 pubmed..Gad7 was co-immunoprecipitated with another bZIP protein Pcr1, suggesting that the two proteins form a heterodimer in vivo...
- Ohmiya R, Kato C, Yamada H, Aiba H, Mizuno T. Isolation of multicopy suppressors of the calcium sensitivity of a mutant lacking the bZIP transcription factor Atf1 in fission yeast. Mol Gen Genet. 1999;261:297-306 pubmed..g., Atf1, Pcr1, Pap1), which function downstream of the Sty1 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) cascade which is involved in ..
- Yamada T, Mizuno K, Hirota K, Kon N, Wahls W, Hartsuiker E, et al. Roles of histone acetylation and chromatin remodeling factor in a meiotic recombination hotspot. EMBO J. 2004;23:1792-803 pubmed..b>Pcr1. Chromatin remodeling occurs meiotically around M26...
- Kon N, Schroeder S, Krawchuk M, Wahls W. Regulation of the Mts1-Mts2-dependent ade6-M26 meiotic recombination hot spot and developmental decisions by the Spc1 mitogen-activated protein kinase of fission yeast. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:7575-83 pubmed..hot spot in the ade6 gene of Schizosaccharomyces pombe is activated by the heterodimeric M26 binding protein Mts1-Mts2. The individual Mts1 (Atf1, Gad7) and Mts2 (Pcr1) proteins are also transcription factors involved in developmental ..
- Paredes V, Franco A, Madrid M, Soto T, Vicente Soler J, Gacto M, et al. Transcriptional and post-translational regulation of neutral trehalase in Schizosaccharomyces pombe during thermal stress. Yeast. 2004;21:593-603 pubmed..Unlike what happens under osmostress or oxidative treatments, Sty1p has no role in the post-translational activation of neutral trehalase induced by heat shock in the fission yeast. ..
- Gao J, Davidson M, Wahls W. Distinct regions of ATF/CREB proteins Atf1 and Pcr1 control recombination hotspot ade6-M26 and the osmotic stress response. Nucleic Acids Res. 2008;36:2838-51 pubmed publisher..We defined systematically the organization of Atf1 and its heterodimer partner Pcr1, which is required for a subset of Atf1-dependent functions...
- Yamada S, Okamura M, Oda A, Murakami H, Ohta K, Yamada T. Correlation of Meiotic DSB Formation and Transcription Initiation Around Fission Yeast Recombination Hotspots. Genetics. 2017;206:801-809 pubmed publisher..similar to the cyclic AMP response element and activated by the ATF/CREB family transcription factor dimer Atf1-Pcr1. We first focused on one of those hotspots, ade6-3049, and Atf1...
- Gaits F, Degols G, Shiozaki K, Russell P. Phosphorylation and association with the transcription factor Atf1 regulate localization of Spc1/Sty1 stress-activated kinase in fission yeast. Genes Dev. 1998;12:1464-73 pubmed..Nuclear localization of Atf1 requires Pcr1, a heterodimerization partner of Atf1...
- Wahls W. RNA associated with a heterodimeric protein that activates a meiotic homologous recombination hot spot: RL/RT/PCR strategy for cloning any unknown RNA or DNA. PCR Methods Appl. 1994;3:272-7 pubmed..We have achieved 40,000-fold purification of a heterodimeric DNA-binding protein, Mts1/Mts2, that activates the recombination hot spot. Physical studies suggested the presence of a third subunit...
- Kato H, Kira S, Kawamukai M. The transcription factors Atf1 and Pcr1 are essential for transcriptional induction of the extracellular maltase Agl1 in fission yeast. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e80572 pubmed publisher..This was dependent on Atf1 and Pcr1, which are highly conserved transcription factors that regulate stress-responsive genes in various stress ..
- Togashi N, Yamashita A, Sato M, Yamamoto M. Functional significance of nuclear export and mRNA binding of meiotic regulator Spo5 in fission yeast. BMC Microbiol. 2014;14:188 pubmed publisher..We identified pcr1+ mRNA as one of the critical targets of Spo5...
- Bandyopadhyay S, Ghosh P, Basu S, Paul M, Alam S, Das E, et al. Antagonistic regulation of cyclin expression by the bZIP transcription factors Pcr1 and Atf1 during G2/M transition. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2017;364: pubmed publisher..We show that the transcription factor Pcr1 can specifically inhibit the recruitment of Atf1 on cdc13 promoter and thereby prevent Atf1-mediated ..
- Noma K, Sugiyama T, Cam H, Verdel A, Zofall M, Jia S, et al. RITS acts in cis to promote RNA interference-mediated transcriptional and post-transcriptional silencing. Nat Genet. 2004;36:1174-80 pubmed..This tethering promotes the processing of transcripts and generation of additional siRNAs for heterochromatin maintenance. ..
- Cherkasova V, Maury L, Bacikova D, Pridham K, Bahler J, Maraia R. Altered nuclear tRNA metabolism in La-deleted Schizosaccharomyces pombe is accompanied by a nutritional stress response involving Atf1p and Pcr1p that is suppressible by Xpo-t/Los1p. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:480-91 pubmed publisher..pombe through its effects on nuclear tRNA processing and probably nuclear export. Finally, the results are discussed in the context of stress response programs in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. ..
- Rougemaille M, Braun S, Coyle S, Dumesic P, Garcia J, Isaac R, et al. Ers1 links HP1 to RNAi. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:11258-63 pubmed publisher..Through the interactions described here, Ers1 may promote RNAi by tethering the corresponding enzyme complexes to HP1-coated chromatin, thereby placing them in proximity to the nascent noncoding RNA substrate...
- Janoo R, Neely L, Braun B, Whitehall S, Hoffman C. Transcriptional regulators of the Schizosaccharomyces pombe fbp1 gene include two redundant Tup1p-like corepressors and the CCAAT binding factor activation complex. Genetics. 2001;157:1205-15 pubmed..In strains lacking tup11 and tup12, the atf1-pcr1 transcriptional activator continues to play a central role in fbp1-lacZ expression; however, spc1 MAPK ..
- Deng X, Zhou H, Zhang G, Wang W, Mao L, Zhou X, et al. Sgf73, a subunit of SAGA complex, is required for the assembly of RITS complex in fission yeast. Sci Rep. 2015;5:14707 pubmed publisher..Our study unveils a moonlighting function of a SAGA subunit. It suggests Sgf73 is a novel factor that promotes assembly of RITS and RNAi-mediated heterochromatin formation. ..