Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: mts4
Description: 19S proteasome regulatory subunit Mts4
Alias: rpn1, 19S proteasome regulatory subunit Mts4
Species: fission yeast
- Seeger M, Hartmann Petersen R, Wilkinson C, Wallace M, Samejima I, Taylor M, et al. Interaction of the anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome and proteasome protein complexes with multiubiquitin chain-binding proteins. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:16791-6 pubmed..We show that both proteins bind to different regions of the proteasome subunit Mts4. The binding site for Pus1 was mapped to a cluster of repetitive sequences also found in the proteasome subunit ..
- Wilkinson C, Wallace M, Morphew M, Perry P, Allshire R, Javerzat J, et al. Localization of the 26S proteasome during mitosis and meiosis in fission yeast. EMBO J. 1998;17:6465-76 pubmed..Furthermore they raise interesting questions as to the spatial organization of protein degradation during meiosis. ..
- Dunand Sauthier I, Walker C, Wilkinson C, Gordon C, Crane R, Norbury C, et al. Sum1, a component of the fission yeast eIF3 translation initiation complex, is rapidly relocalized during environmental stress and interacts with components of the 26S proteasome. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:1626-40 pubmed..Furthermore, Sum1 interacts with the Mts2 and Mts4 components of the 26S proteasome...
- Wilkinson C, Ferrell K, Penney M, Wallace M, Dubiel W, Gordon C. Analysis of a gene encoding Rpn10 of the fission yeast proteasome reveals that the polyubiquitin-binding site of this subunit is essential when Rpn12/Mts3 activity is compromised. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:15182-92 pubmed..lethal with mutations in other proteasomal component-encoding genes, namely mts3, pad1, and mts4 (RPN12, RPN11, and RPN1)...
- Li G, Elder R, Dubrovsky L, Liang D, Pushkarsky T, Chiu K, et al. HIV-1 replication through hHR23A-mediated interaction of Vpr with 26S proteasome. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e11371 pubmed publisher..The Vpr-proteasome interaction was initially discovered in fission yeast, where Vpr was shown to associate with Mts4 and Mts2, two 19S-associated proteins...
- Paraskevopoulos K, Kriegenburg F, Tatham M, RÃ¶sner H, Medina B, Larsen I, et al. Dss1 is a 26S proteasome ubiquitin receptor. Mol Cell. 2014;56:453-61 pubmed publisher..Mutations in the ubiquitin-binding site of Dss1 cause growth defects and accumulation of ubiquitylated proteins. ..
- Selvanathan S, Thakurta A, Dhakshnamoorthy J, Zhou M, Veenstra T, Dhar R. Schizosaccharomyces pombe Dss1p is a DNA damage checkpoint protein that recruits Rad24p, Cdc25p, and Rae1p to DNA double-strand breaks. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:14122-33 pubmed publisher..We suggest that the sequestration of Cdc25p to DNA damage sites could provide a mechanism for S. pombe cells to arrest at G(2)/M boundary in response to DNA damage. ..
- Stone M, Hartmann Petersen R, Seeger M, Bech Otschir D, Wallace M, Gordon C. Uch2/Uch37 is the major deubiquitinating enzyme associated with the 26S proteasome in fission yeast. J Mol Biol. 2004;344:697-706 pubmed
- Cabrera R, Sha Z, Vadakkan T, Otero J, Kriegenburg F, Hartmann Petersen R, et al. Proteasome nuclear import mediated by Arc3 can influence efficient DNA damage repair and mitosis in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Mol Biol Cell. 2010;21:3125-36 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that proteasomes display Arc3-dependent mobility in the cell, and mobile proteasomes can efficiently access substrates throughout the cell, allowing them to effectively regulate cell-compartment-specific activities. ..
- Penney M, Wilkinson C, Wallace M, Javerzat J, Ferrell K, Seeger M, et al. The Pad1+ gene encodes a subunit of the 26 S proteasome in fission yeast. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:23938-45 pubmed..This screen has previously isolated mutations in the 26 S proteasome subunits Mts2, Mts3, and Mts4. We show that the mutation in the mts5-1 strain occurs in the pad1(+) gene...