Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: mad3
Description: mitotic spindle checkpoint protein Mad3
Alias: SPCC895.02, mitotic spindle checkpoint protein Mad3
Species: fission yeast
- Shepperd L, Meadows J, Sochaj A, Lancaster T, Zou J, Buttrick G, et al. Phosphodependent recruitment of Bub1 and Bub3 to Spc7/KNL1 by Mph1 kinase maintains the spindle checkpoint. Curr Biol. 2012;22:891-9 pubmed publisher..Components of the checkpoint include Mad1, Mad2, Mad3 (BubR1), Bub3, and the kinases Bub1, Mph1 (Mps1), and Aurora B...
- Choi S, Péli Gulli M, Mcleod I, Sarkeshik A, Yates J, Simanis V, et al. Phosphorylation state defines discrete roles for monopolin in chromosome attachment and spindle elongation. Curr Biol. 2009;19:985-95 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings illustrate how the sequential phosphorylation and dephosphorylation of monopolin helps ensure the orderly execution of discrete steps in mitosis. ..
- Sewart K, Hauf S. Different Functionality of Cdc20 Binding Sites within the Mitotic Checkpoint Complex. Curr Biol. 2017;27:1213-1220 pubmed publisher..MCC binds two Cdc20 molecules, one (Cdc20M) through well-characterized, cooperative binding to Mad2 and Mad3/BubR1 (forming the "core MCC") and the other one (Cdc20A) through additional binding sequences in Mad3/..
- Heinrich S, Windecker H, Hustedt N, Hauf S. Mph1 kinetochore localization is crucial and upstream in the hierarchy of spindle assembly checkpoint protein recruitment to kinetochores. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:4720-7 pubmed publisher..to kinetochores and identify a three-layered hierarchy with Ark1 and Mph1 on top, Bub1 and Bub3 in the middle, and Mad3 as well as the Mad1-Mad2 complex at the lower end of the hierarchy...
- Asakawa K, Toya M, Sato M, Kanai M, Kume K, Goshima T, et al. Mal3, the fission yeast EB1 homologue, cooperates with Bub1 spindle checkpoint to prevent monopolar attachment. EMBO Rep. 2005;6:1194-200 pubmed..Double mutants between mal3 and a subset of checkpoint mutants, including bub1, bub3, mad3 and mph1, but not mad1 or mad2, show massive chromosome mis-segregation defects...
- Ito D, Saito Y, Matsumoto T. Centromere-tethered Mps1 pombe homolog (Mph1) kinase is a sufficient marker for recruitment of the spindle checkpoint protein Bub1, but not Mad1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:209-14 pubmed publisher..We propose that Mph1 is a sufficient marker for recruitment of Bub1. Mad1, in contrast, requires an additional condition/component for stable association with kinetochores. ..
- Hou H, Zhou Z, Wang Y, Wang J, Kallgren S, Kurchuk T, et al. Csi1 links centromeres to the nuclear envelope for centromere clustering. J Cell Biol. 2012;199:735-44 pubmed publisher..These studies thus define a molecular link between the centromere and nuclear envelope that is responsible for centromere clustering...
- Petersen J, Hagan I. S. pombe aurora kinase/survivin is required for chromosome condensation and the spindle checkpoint attachment response. Curr Biol. 2003;13:590-7 pubmed..Ark1/survivin function was not required for the association of Bub1 or Mad3 with the kinetochores...