Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: klp5
Description: kinesin-like protein Klp5
Alias: sot1, kinesin-like protein Klp5
Species: fission yeast
- Garcia M, Koonrugsa N, Toda T. Two kinesin-like Kin I family proteins in fission yeast regulate the establishment of metaphase and the onset of anaphase A. Curr Biol. 2002;12:610-21 pubmed..We have characterized mitotic roles of two Kin I homologs, Klp5 and Klp6, in fission yeast. Klp5 and Klp6 colocalize to the mitotic kinetochores and the spindle midzone...
- West R, McIntosh J. Novel interactions of fission yeast kinesin 8 revealed through in vivo expression of truncation alleles. Cell Motil Cytoskeleton. 2008;65:626-40 pubmed publisherFission yeast expresses two kinesin 8s, klp5+ and klp6+, which are important for diverse cellular functions: mitosis, meiosis, and the maintenance of normal cell morphology...
- Berger K, Sogo L, Yaffe M. Mdm12p, a component required for mitochondrial inheritance that is conserved between budding and fission yeast. J Cell Biol. 1997;136:545-53 pubmed..cerevisiae and the first such mitochondrial component that is conserved between two different species. ..
- Tischer C, Brunner D, Dogterom M. Force- and kinesin-8-dependent effects in the spatial regulation of fission yeast microtubule dynamics. Mol Syst Biol. 2009;5:250 pubmed publisher..evidence for an MT length-dependent increase in the catastrophe frequency that is mediated by kinesin-8 proteins (Klp5/6)...
- Chen J, Lu L, Ohi M, Creamer K, English C, Partridge J, et al. Cdk1 phosphorylation of the kinetochore protein Nsk1 prevents error-prone chromosome segregation. J Cell Biol. 2011;195:583-93 pubmed publisher..Our findings establish new roles for Cdk1 and the Nsk1-Dlc1 complex in regulating the k-MT interface and chromosome segregation. ..
- Buttrick G, Lancaster T, Meadows J, Millar J. Plo1 phosphorylates Dam1 to promote chromosome bi-orientation in fission yeast. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:1645-51 pubmed publisher..We show that Dam1 phosphorylation by Plo1 is dispensable for DASH assembly and chromosome retrieval but instead aids tension-dependent chromosome bi-orientation. ..
- Wälde S, King M. The KASH protein Kms2 coordinates mitotic remodeling of the spindle pole body. J Cell Sci. 2014;127:3625-40 pubmed publisher..Plo1 activity supports mitotic SPB remodeling by driving a burst of incorporation of Cut12 and Pcp1. Thus, a fission yeast SUN-KASH complex plays an important role in supporting the remodeling of the SPB at mitotic entry. ..
- Tang N, Toda T. Alp7/TACC recruits kinesin-8-PP1 to the Ndc80 kinetochore protein for timely mitotic progression and chromosome movement. J Cell Sci. 2015;128:354-63 pubmed publisher..study, we show that the fission yeast Alp7/TACC protein recruits a protein complex consisting of the kinesin-8 (Klp5-Klp6) and protein phosphatase 1 (PP1) to the kinetochore upon kinetochore-microtubule attachment...
- Gergely Z, Crapo A, Hough L, McIntosh J, Betterton M. Kinesin-8 effects on mitotic microtubule dynamics contribute to spindle function in fission yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2016;27:3490-3514 pubmed..role of kinesin-8 proteins in mitosis, we studied the effects of deletion of the fission yeast kinesin-8 proteins Klp5 and Klp6 on chromosome movements and spindle length dynamics...
- Tange Y, Fujita A, Toda T, Niwa O. Functional dissection of the gamma-tubulin complex by suppressor analysis of gtb1 and alp4 mutations in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Genetics. 2004;167:1095-107 pubmed..In addition, genetic data indicated intimate functional connections of gamma-tubulin with several kinesin-like proteins. ..
- Li Y, Chang E. Schizosaccharomyces pombe Ras1 effector, Scd1, interacts with Klp5 and Klp6 kinesins to mediate cytokinesis. Genetics. 2003;165:477-88 pubmed..In a screen for scd1 interacting genes, we isolated klp5 and klp6, which encode presumptive kinesins...
- Lucena R, Dephoure N, Gygi S, Kellogg D, Tallada V, Daga R, et al. Nucleocytoplasmic transport in the midzone membrane domain controls yeast mitotic spindle disassembly. J Cell Biol. 2015;209:387-402 pubmed publisher..Our findings illustrate how a separate membrane compartment supports spindle disassembly in the closed mitosis of fission yeast. ..