Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: int6
Description: eukaryotic translation initiation factor 3 subunit E
Alias: yin6, eukaryotic translation initiation factor 3 subunit E
Species: fission yeast
- Otero J, Suo J, Gordon C, Chang E. Int6 and Moe1 interact with Cdc48 to regulate ERAD and proper chromosome segregation. Cell Cycle. 2010;9:147-61 pubmedb>Int6/eIF3e is implicated in tumorigenesis, but its molecular functions remain unclear...
- Shah M, Su D, Scheliga J, Pluskal T, Boronat S, Motamedchaboki K, et al. A Transcript-Specific eIF3 Complex Mediates Global Translational Control of Energy Metabolism. Cell Rep. 2016;16:1891-902 pubmed publisher..Thus, via its eIF3d-eIF3e module, eIF3 orchestrates an mRNA-specific translational mechanism controlling energy metabolism that may be disrupted in cancer. ..
- Nemoto N, Udagawa T, Ohira T, Jiang L, Hirota K, Wilkinson C, et al. The roles of stress-activated Sty1 and Gcn2 kinases and of the protooncoprotein homologue Int6/eIF3e in responses to endogenous oxidative stress during histidine starvation. J Mol Biol. 2010;404:183-201 pubmed publisher..The translation factor subunit Int6/eIF3e promotes Sty1-dependent response by increasing the abundance of Atf1, a transcription factor targeted by Sty1...
- Ray A, Bandyopadhyay A, Matsumoto T, Deng H, Maitra U. Fission yeast translation initiation factor 3 subunit eIF3h is not essential for global translation initiation, but deletion of eif3h+ affects spore formation. Yeast. 2008;25:809-23 pubmed publisher..The implications of these results in relation to the functions of eIF3h in Sz. pombe are discussed. ..
- Zhou C, Arslan F, Wee S, Krishnan S, Ivanov A, Oliva A, et al. PCI proteins eIF3e and eIF3m define distinct translation initiation factor 3 complexes. BMC Biol. 2005;3:14 pubmed..We propose that the PCI proteins eIF3e and eIF3m define distinct eIF3 complexes that may assist in the translation of different sets of mRNAs. ..
- Matsumoto S, Bandyopadhyay A, Kwiatkowski D, Maitra U, Matsumoto T. Role of the Tsc1-Tsc2 complex in signaling and transport across the cell membrane in the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Genetics. 2002;161:1053-63 pubmed..We also show that fission yeast Int6 is involved in a similar process, but functions in an independent genetic pathway.
- Udagawa T, Nemoto N, Wilkinson C, Narashimhan J, Jiang L, Watt S, et al. Int6/eIF3e promotes general translation and Atf1 abundance to modulate Sty1 MAPK-dependent stress response in fission yeast. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:22063-75 pubmed publisher..Here we report that the fission yeast int6(+) is required for overcoming stress imposed by histidine starvation, using the drug 3-aminotriazole (3AT)...
- Jenkins C, Mata J, Crane R, Thomas B, Akoulitchev A, Bahler J, et al. Activation of AP-1-dependent transcription by a truncated translation initiation factor. Eukaryot Cell. 2005;4:1840-50 pubmedb>Int6/eIF3e is a highly conserved subunit of eukaryotic translation initiation factor 3 (eIF3) that has also been reported to interact with subunits of the proteasome and the COP9 signalosome...
- Cabrera R, Sha Z, Vadakkan T, Otero J, Kriegenburg F, Hartmann Petersen R, et al. Proteasome nuclear import mediated by Arc3 can influence efficient DNA damage repair and mitosis in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Mol Biol Cell. 2010;21:3125-36 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that proteasomes display Arc3-dependent mobility in the cell, and mobile proteasomes can efficiently access substrates throughout the cell, allowing them to effectively regulate cell-compartment-specific activities. ..