Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: hsp90
Description: Hsp90 chaperone
Alias: git10, swo1, Hsp90 chaperone
Species: fission yeast
- Goes F, Martin J. Hsp90 chaperone complexes are required for the activity and stability of yeast protein kinases Mik1, Wee1 and Swe1. Eur J Biochem. 2001;268:2281-9 pubmed..and activity of Wee1 from the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe is critically dependent on functional Hsp90 chaperones...
- Ki S, Kasahara K, Kwon H, Ishigami K, Kitahara T, Beppu T, et al. Radicicol binding to Swo1/Hsp90 and inhibition of growth of specific temperature-sensitive cell cycle mutants of fission yeast. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2001;65:2528-34 pubmed..A biologically active derivative of radicicol with a biotin moiety at the C-11 position bound Swo1, an Hsp90 homologue in S. pombe...
- Mishra M, D souza V, Chang K, Huang Y, Balasubramanian M. Hsp90 protein in fission yeast Swo1p and UCS protein Rng3p facilitate myosin II assembly and function. Eukaryot Cell. 2005;4:567-76 pubmed..Biochemical analyses have shown that a complex of Hsp90 and the Caenorhabditis elegans UCS domain protein UNC-45 prevent myosin head aggregation, thereby allowing it to ..
- Santino A, Tallada V, Jimenez J, Garzón A. Hsp90 interaction with Cdc2 and Plo1 kinases contributes to actomyosin ring condensation in fission yeast. Curr Genet. 2012;58:191-203 pubmed publisher..We found that in temperature-sensitive hsp90-w1 mutant cells, encoding an Hsp90 mutant protein, ring components were recruited to form a cortical network at ..
- Wang C, Chen W, Wang S. Pdc1 functions in the assembly of P bodies in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:1244-53 pubmed publisher..Together, these results highlight the diverse P-body protein compositions between different species and might help to provide insight into their evolutionary paths...
- Ratzke C, Hellenkamp B, Hugel T. Four-colour FRET reveals directionality in the Hsp90 multicomponent machinery. Nat Commun. 2014;5:4192 pubmed publisher..Many molecular machines, like Hsp90, work far from equilibrium by utilizing the energy of ATP hydrolysis...