Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: gcn5
Description: SAGA complex histone acetyltransferase catalytic subunit Gcn5
Alias: kat2, SAGA complex histone acetyltransferase catalytic subunit Gcn5
Species: fission yeast
- Creamer K, Job G, Shanker S, Neale G, Lin Y, Bartholomew B, et al. The Mi-2 homolog Mit1 actively positions nucleosomes within heterochromatin to suppress transcription. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:2046-61 pubmed publisher..We propose that Mit1 is a chromatin remodeling factor that cooperates with the Clr3 histone deacetylase of SHREC and other chromatin modifiers to stabilize heterochromatin structure and to prevent access to the transcriptional machinery...
- Pai C, Deegan R, Subramanian L, Gal C, Sarkar S, Blaikley E, et al. A histone H3K36 chromatin switch coordinates DNA double-strand break repair pathway choice. Nat Commun. 2014;5:4091 pubmed publisher..H3K36 methylation reduces chromatin accessibility, reduces resection and promotes NHEJ, while antagonistic Gcn5-dependent H3K36 acetylation increases chromatin accessibility, increases resection and promotes HR...
- Ringel A, Cieniewicz A, Taverna S, Wolberger C. Nucleosome competition reveals processive acetylation by the SAGA HAT module. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:E5461-70 pubmed publisherThe Spt-Ada-Gcn5 acetyltransferase (SAGA) coactivator complex hyperacetylates histone tails in vivo in a manner that depends upon histone 3 lysine 4 trimethylation (H3K4me3), a histone mark enriched at promoters of actively transcribed ..
- Kiely C, Marguerat S, Garcia J, Madhani H, Bahler J, Winston F. Spt6 is required for heterochromatic silencing in the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:4193-204 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that Spt6 is required for multiple steps in heterochromatic silencing by controlling chromatin, transcriptional, and posttranscriptional processes. ..
- Toselli Mollereau E, Robellet X, Fauque L, Lemaire S, Schiklenk C, Klein C, et al. Nucleosome eviction in mitosis assists condensin loading and chromosome condensation. EMBO J. 2016;35:1565-81 pubmed publisher..Two transcriptional coactivators, the Gcn5 histone acetyltransferase and the RSC chromatin-remodelling complex, bind to promoters adjoining condensin-binding ..
- Adachi A, Senmatsu S, Asada R, Abe T, Hoffman C, Ohta K, et al. Interplay between chromatin modulators and histone acetylation regulates the formation of accessible chromatin in the upstream regulatory region of fission yeast fbp1. Genes Genet Syst. 2018;92:267-276 pubmed publisher..Here, we examine the roles played by two distinct ADCRs, Snf22 and Hrp3, and by the HAT Gcn5 in the transcriptional activation of fbp1...