Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: cyr1
Description: adenylate cyclase
Alias: git2, adenylate cyclase
Species: fission yeast
- Yamada H, Kumada K, Yanagida M. Distinct subunit functions and cell cycle regulated phosphorylation of 20S APC/cyclosome required for anaphase in fission yeast. J Cell Sci. 1997;110 ( Pt 15):1793-804 pubmed..In contrast, PP1 (Dis2) phosphatase mutation shows the reverse effect on the phenotype of cut9. The Cut9 subunit is likely to be a target for regulating APC/ cyclosome function through protein-protein interactions and phosphorylation. ..
- Imai Y, Yamamoto M. The fission yeast mating pheromone P-factor: its molecular structure, gene structure, and ability to induce gene expression and G1 arrest in the mating partner. Genes Dev. 1994;8:328-38 pubmed..Combination of the cyr1 and sxa2 mutations enhanced this susceptibility...
- Valbuena N, Moreno S. TOR and PKA pathways synergize at the level of the Ste11 transcription factor to prevent mating and meiosis in fission yeast. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e11514 pubmed publisher..We conclude that both the PKA and the TOR pathways inhibit Ste11 nuclear accumulation to repress Ste11-dependent gene expression. However, the PKA pathway plays a quantitatively more important role than the TOR pathway in this process. ..
- Ivey F, Hoffman C. Direct activation of fission yeast adenylate cyclase by the Gpa2 Galpha of the glucose signaling pathway. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:6108-13 pubmed..screens and pull-down experiments, we show that the fission yeast Gpa2 Galpha binds an N-terminal domain of adenylate cyclase, comprising a moderately conserved sequence within a region otherwise poorly related to other fungal ..
- Demirbas D, Ceyhan O, Wyman A, Ivey F, Allain C, Wang L, et al. Use of a Schizosaccharomyces pombe PKA-repressible reporter to study cGMP metabolising phosphodiesterases. Cell Signal. 2011;23:594-601 pubmed publisher..Further yeast-based assays show that BC76 inhibits PDE1, PDE4, PDE5, PDE8, PDE10 and PDE11, thus demonstrating the utility of this system for detecting and characterising inhibitors of either cAMP- or cGMP-metabolising PDEs. ..
- Santo P, Blanchard B, Hoffman C. The Schizosaccharomyces pombe pyp1 protein tyrosine phosphatase negatively regulates nutrient monitoring pathways. J Cell Sci. 1996;109 ( Pt 7):1919-1925 pubmed
- Alaamery M, Hoffman C. Schizosaccharomyces pombe Hsp90/Git10 is required for glucose/cAMP signaling. Genetics. 2008;178:1927-36 pubmed publisher..activation of PKA requires the function of nine glucose-insensitive transcription (git) genes, encoding adenylate cyclase, the PKA catalytic subunit, and seven "upstream" proteins required for glucose-triggered adenylate ..
- Wang L, Griffiths K, Zhang Y, Ivey F, Hoffman C. Schizosaccharomyces pombe adenylate cyclase suppressor mutations suggest a role for cAMP phosphodiesterase regulation in feedback control of glucose/cAMP signaling. Genetics. 2005;171:1523-33 pubmed..cAMP phosphodiesterase (PDE) gene cgs2+ were identified in a screen for suppressors of mutant alleles of the adenylate cyclase gene (git2+/cyr1+), which encode catalytically active forms of the enzyme that cannot be stimulated by ..
- Ogihara H, Shima F, Naito K, Asato T, Kariya K, Kataoka T. Direct activation of fission yeast adenylyl cyclase by heterotrimeric G protein gpa2. Kobe J Med Sci. 2004;50:111-21 pubmedGenetic studies on Schizosaccharomyces pombe adenylyl cyclase (cyr1) have shown that its activity is positively regulated by a heterotrimetric G protein a subunit gpa2 and that the resulting increase in intracellular cAMP concentration ..
- Caspari T. Onset of gluconate-H+ symport in Schizosaccharomyces pombe is regulated by the kinases Wis1 and Pka1, and requires the gti1+ gene product. J Cell Sci. 1997;110 ( Pt 20):2599-608 pubmed..Cells which have lost either adenylate cyclase (Cyr1) or cAMP-dependent protein kinase (Pka1) transport gluconate up to 60-fold faster than wild-type cells ..
- Kawamukai M, Gerst J, Field J, Riggs M, Rodgers L, Wigler M, et al. Genetic and biochemical analysis of the adenylyl cyclase-associated protein, cap, in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Mol Biol Cell. 1992;3:167-80 pubmed..Our results indicate that cap is required for the proper function of S. pombe adenylyl cyclase but that the C-terminal domain of cap has other functions that are shared with the C-terminal domain of S. cerevisiae CAP. ..
- Hoffman C, Winston F. Glucose repression of transcription of the Schizosaccharomyces pombe fbp1 gene occurs by a cAMP signaling pathway. Genes Dev. 1991;5:561-71 pubmed..In this report we demonstrate that one of these genes, git2, is the same as the cyr1 gene, which encodes adenylate cyclase, and that loss-of-function mutations in git2 cause constitutive fbp1 transcription...
- Landry S, Hoffman C. The git5 Gbeta and git11 Ggamma form an atypical Gbetagamma dimer acting in the fission yeast glucose/cAMP pathway. Genetics. 2001;157:1159-68 pubmedFission yeast adenylate cyclase, like mammalian adenylate cyclases, is regulated by a heterotrimeric G protein. The gpa2 Galpha and git5 Gbeta are both required for glucose-triggered cAMP signaling...
- Davis K, Davey J. Isolation of yeast mutants hypersensitive to mating pheromones. Biochem Soc Trans. 1997;25:227S pubmed
- Nocero M, Isshiki T, Yamamoto M, Hoffman C. Glucose repression of fbp1 transcription of Schizosaccharomyces pombe is partially regulated by adenylate cyclase activation by a G protein alpha subunit encoded by gpa2 (git8). Genetics. 1994;138:39-45 pubmed..The git2 gene, also known as cyr1, encodes adenylate cyclase. Adenylate cyclase converts ATP into the second messenger cAMP as part of many eukaryotic signal ..
- Yakura M, Ishikura Y, Adachi Y, Kawamukai M. Involvement of Moc1 in sexual development and survival of Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2006;70:1740-9 pubmed..Thus, in addition to the roles of moc1/sds23/psp1 in mitosis and stress response, it is also important for the survival and sexual development of fission yeast, but phosphorylation of Moc1 only affects the sexual development. ..
- Matsuo Y, McInnis B, Marcus S. Regulation of the subcellular localization of cyclic AMP-dependent protein kinase in response to physiological stresses and sexual differentiation in the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Eukaryot Cell. 2008;7:1450-9 pubmed publisher..Nuclear localization of both proteins is dependent on cAMP, since in cells lacking adenylate cyclase they are detectable only in the cytoplasm...
- Davey J, Nielsen O. Mutations in cyr1 and pat1 reveal pheromone-induced G1 arrest in the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Curr Genet. 1994;26:105-12 pubmed..The first mutant lacks the cyr1 gene which encodes adenylate cyclase and these cells contain no measurable amounts of cAMP...
- Young D, Riggs M, Field J, Vojtek A, Broek D, Wigler M. The adenylyl cyclase gene from Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1989;86:7989-93 pubmed..Coussen, F., Bakalyar, H. A., Tang, W.-J., Feinstein, P. G., Orth, K., Slaughter, C., Reed, R. R. & Gilman, A. G. (1989) Science 244, 1558-1564]. ..
- Mudge D, Yang F, Currie B, Kim J, Yeda K, Bashyakarla V, et al. Sck1 negatively regulates Gpa2-mediated glucose signaling in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Eukaryot Cell. 2014;13:202-8 pubmed publisher..This dual role for Sck1 may allow S. pombe to produce distinct biological responses to glucose and nitrogen starvation signals that both activate the Wis1-Spc1/StyI stress-activated protein kinase (SAPK) pathway. ..