Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: cut9
Description: anaphase-promoting complex subunit Cut9
Alias: dre1, anaphase-promoting complex subunit Cut9
Species: fission yeast
- Matsumura T, Yuasa T, Hayashi T, Obara T, Kimata Y, Yanagida M. A brute force postgenome approach to identify temperature-sensitive mutations that negatively interact with separase and securin plasmids. Genes Cells. 2003;8:341-55 pubmed..Gene cloning established that these mutants were defective in either the subunits (Cut9, Cut23, Cut20 or Apc10) of APC (anaphase promoting complex)/cyclosome or Cut8, a regulator for 26S proteasome ..
- Yamashita Y, Nakaseko Y, Kumada K, Nakagawa T, Yanagida M. Fission yeast APC/cyclosome subunits, Cut20/Apc4 and Cut23/Apc8, in regulating metaphase-anaphase progression and cellular stress responses. Genes Cells. 1999;4:445-63 pubmed..In fission yeast, however, only five (Cut4, Cut9, Nuc2, Apc10, Hcn1) have been identified...
- Zhang Z, Kulkarni K, Hanrahan S, Thompson A, Barford D. The APC/C subunit Cdc16/Cut9 is a contiguous tetratricopeptide repeat superhelix with a homo-dimer interface similar to Cdc27. EMBO J. 2010;29:3733-44 pubmed publisher..Here, we report the crystal structure of Schizosaccharomyces pombe Cut9 (Cdc16/Apc6) in complex with Hcn1 (Cdc26), showing that Cdc16/Cut9 is a contiguous TPR superhelix of 14 TPR units...
- Funabiki H, Yamano H, Kumada K, Nagao K, Hunt T, Yanagida M. Cut2 proteolysis required for sister-chromatid seperation in fission yeast. Nature. 1996;381:438-41 pubmed..The rapid degradation of Cut2 at anaphase requires its amino-terminal region and the activity of Cut9 (ref...
- Blanco M, Sanchez Diaz A, de Prada J, Moreno S. APC(ste9/srw1) promotes degradation of mitotic cyclins in G(1) and is inhibited by cdc2 phosphorylation. EMBO J. 2000;19:3945-55 pubmed..This mechanism provides a molecular switch to prevent inactivation of cdc2 in G(2) and early mitosis and to allow its inactivation in G(1). ..
- Yamada H, Matsumoto S, Matsumoto T. High dosage expression of a zinc finger protein, Grt1, suppresses a mutant of fission yeast slp1(+), a homolog of CDC20/p55CDC/Fizzy. J Cell Sci. 2000;113 ( Pt 22):3989-99 pubmed..In cells arrested in metaphase, wild-type Slp1 was preferentially found in a complex with hyperphosphorylated Cut9 (subunit of APC), whereas the ts Slp1 protein, lacking the last 113 amino acids, failed to interact with Cut9...
- Bernard P, Drogat J, Maure J, Dheur S, Vaur S, Genier S, et al. A screen for cohesion mutants uncovers Ssl3, the fission yeast counterpart of the cohesin loading factor Scc4. Curr Biol. 2006;16:875-81 pubmed..The discovery of a functional homolog of Scc4 indicates that the machinery of cohesin loading is conserved among eukaryotes. ..
- Yoon H, Feoktistova A, Chen J, Jennings J, Link A, Gould K. Role of Hcn1 and its phosphorylation in fission yeast anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome function. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:32284-93 pubmed..Phosphorylation of Hcn1 occurs at a single Cdk1 site in vitro and in vivo. Mutation of this site to alanine, but not aspartic acid, compromises APC/C function and leads to a specific defect in the completion of cell division. ..
- Tatebayashi K, Kato J, Ikeda H. Isolation of a Schizosaccharomyces pombe rad21ts mutant that is aberrant in chromosome segregation, microtubule function, DNA repair and sensitive to hydroxyurea: possible involvement of Rad21 in ubiquitin-mediated proteolysis. Genetics. 1998;148:49-57 pubmed..of the rad21-K1 mutant was inhibited at the permissive temperature by introduction of another mutation in the cut9+ gene, coding for a component of the 20S cyclosome/anaphase promoting complex, which is involved in ubiquitin-..
- Gómez E, Angeles V, Forsburg S. A screen for Schizosaccharomyces pombe mutants defective in rereplication identifies new alleles of rad4+, cut9+ and psf2+. Genetics. 2005;169:77-89 pubmed..This screen identified new alleles of the APC subunit cut9(+), the initiation/checkpoint factor rad4(+)/cut5(+), and the first mutant allele of psf2(+), a subunit of the ..
- Mitsuzawa H, Seino H, Yamao F, Ishihama A. Two WD repeat-containing TATA-binding protein-associated factors in fission yeast that suppress defects in the anaphase-promoting complex. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:17117-24 pubmed..the cell cycle arrest in mitosis caused by a mutation in the anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome subunit gene cut9(+)...
- Dubey R, Nakwal N, Bisht K, Saini A, Haldar S, Singh J. Interaction of APC/C-E3 ligase with Swi6/HP1 and Clr4/Suv39 in heterochromatin assembly in fission yeast. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:7165-76 pubmed publisher..Swi6, H3-Lys-9-Me2, and Clr4 at dg-dh repeats at cen1 and the K region of mat locus is abrogated in mutants cut4, cut9, and nuc2...
- Kimata Y, Matsuyama A, Nagao K, Furuya K, Obuse C, Yoshida M, et al. Diminishing HDACs by drugs or mutations promotes normal or abnormal sister chromatid separation by affecting APC/C and adherin. J Cell Sci. 2008;121:1107-18 pubmed publisher..HATs and HDACs might directly target adherin and APC/C to ensure proper chromosome segregation, and anti-tumour effects of HDAC inhibitors could be attributed to this deregulation. ..
- Osaka F, Seino H, Seno T, Yamao F. A ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme in fission yeast that is essential for the onset of anaphase in mitosis. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:3388-97 pubmed..Overexpression of UbcP4 specifically rescued the growth defect of cut9ts cells at a restrictive temperature. cut9 encodes a component of the anaphase-promoting complex (APC) which is required for chromosome segregation at ..
- Elmore Z, Beckley J, Chen J, Gould K. Histone H2B ubiquitination promotes the function of the anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. G3 (Bethesda). 2014;4:1529-38 pubmed publisher..transferase (SAGA) complex associated DUB, suppressed temperature-sensitive phenotypes of APC/C mutants cut9-665, lid1-6, cut4-533, and slp1-362...
- Ishii K, Kumada K, Toda T, Yanagida M. Requirement for PP1 phosphatase and 20S cyclosome/APC for the onset of anaphase is lessened by the dosage increase of a novel gene sds23+. EMBO J. 1996;15:6629-40 pubmed..These results demonstrate functions other than promoting anaphase for the components of the 20S cyclosome/APC and also a close functional relationship of Sds23 with PP1 and 20S cyclosome/APC. ..
- Seeger M, Hartmann Petersen R, Wilkinson C, Wallace M, Samejima I, Taylor M, et al. Interaction of the anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome and proteasome protein complexes with multiubiquitin chain-binding proteins. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:16791-6 pubmed..The putative role of Pus1 as a factor involved in allocation of ubiquitinylated substrates for the proteasome is discussed. ..
- Kimata Y, Yanagida M. Suppression of a mitotic mutant by tRNA-Ala anticodon mutations that produce a dominant defect in late mitosis. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:2283-93 pubmed..mutants scn1 and scn2 of Schizosaccharomyces pombe were isolated by their ability to suppress temperature-sensitive cut9-665 defective in an essential subunit (human Apc6/budding yeast Cdc16 ortholog) of anaphase promoting complex/..
- Tatebe H, Yanagida M. Cut8, essential for anaphase, controls localization of 26S proteasome, facilitating destruction of cyclin and Cut2. Curr Biol. 2000;10:1329-38 pubmed..Cut8 is a novel evolutionarily conserved heat-inducible regulator. It facilitates anaphase-promoting proteolysis by recruiting 26S proteasome to a functionally efficient nuclear location. ..
- Yamada H, Kumada K, Yanagida M. Distinct subunit functions and cell cycle regulated phosphorylation of 20S APC/cyclosome required for anaphase in fission yeast. J Cell Sci. 1997;110 ( Pt 15):1793-804 pubmedWe show here that the fission yeast gene products Cut9 and Nuc2 are the subunits of the 20S complex, the putative APC (anaphase promoting complex)/cyclosome which contains ubiquitin ligase activity required for cyclin and Cut2 destruction...