Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: cut4
Description: anaphase-promoting complex subunit Apc1
Alias: apc1, anaphase-promoting complex subunit Apc1
Species: fission yeast
- Matsumura T, Yuasa T, Hayashi T, Obara T, Kimata Y, Yanagida M. A brute force postgenome approach to identify temperature-sensitive mutations that negatively interact with separase and securin plasmids. Genes Cells. 2003;8:341-55 pubmed..In addition, the manner of the inhibition by high copy securin and separase plasmids were quite different each other and did not result in the mitotic block. ..
- Ikai N, Yanagida M. Cdc48 is required for the stability of Cut1/separase in mitotic anaphase. J Struct Biol. 2006;156:50-61 pubmed..Cells lose viability during the traverse of anaphase in cdc48 mutant cells. Cdc48 may protect Cut1/separase and Cut2/securin against the instability during polyubiquitination and degradation in the metaphase-anaphase transition. ..
- Kimata Y, Matsuyama A, Nagao K, Furuya K, Obuse C, Yoshida M, et al. Diminishing HDACs by drugs or mutations promotes normal or abnormal sister chromatid separation by affecting APC/C and adherin. J Cell Sci. 2008;121:1107-18 pubmed publisher..HATs and HDACs might directly target adherin and APC/C to ensure proper chromosome segregation, and anti-tumour effects of HDAC inhibitors could be attributed to this deregulation. ..
- Dubey R, Nakwal N, Bisht K, Saini A, Haldar S, Singh J. Interaction of APC/C-E3 ligase with Swi6/HP1 and Clr4/Suv39 in heterochromatin assembly in fission yeast. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:7165-76 pubmed publisher..of Swi6, H3-Lys-9-Me2, and Clr4 at dg-dh repeats at cen1 and the K region of mat locus is abrogated in mutants cut4, cut9, and nuc2...
- Kimata Y, Kitamura K, Fenner N, Yamano H. Mes1 controls the meiosis I to meiosis II transition by distinctly regulating the anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome coactivators Fzr1/Mfr1 and Slp1 in fission yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:1486-94 pubmed publisher..Thus Mes1 interacts with two coactivators in a different way to control the activity of the APC/C required for the meiosis I/meiosis II transition...
- Elmore Z, Beckley J, Chen J, Gould K. Histone H2B ubiquitination promotes the function of the anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. G3 (Bethesda). 2014;4:1529-38 pubmed publisher..SAGA) complex associated DUB, suppressed temperature-sensitive phenotypes of APC/C mutants cut9-665, lid1-6, cut4-533, and slp1-362...