Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: cut20
Description: anaphase-promoting complex subunit Apc4
Alias: SPAPJ698.04c, apc4, lid1, anaphase-promoting complex subunit Apc4
Species: fission yeast
- Zich J, Sochaj A, Syred H, Milne L, Cook A, Ohkura H, et al. Kinase activity of fission yeast Mph1 is required for Mad2 and Mad3 to stably bind the anaphase promoting complex. Curr Biol. 2012;22:296-301 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Mph1 kinase regulates the association of Mad2 with its binding partners and thereby mitotic arrest. ..
- Yamashita Y, Nakaseko Y, Kumada K, Nakagawa T, Yanagida M. Fission yeast APC/cyclosome subunits, Cut20/Apc4 and Cut23/Apc8, in regulating metaphase-anaphase progression and cellular stress responses. Genes Cells. 1999;4:445-63 pubmed..The gene products of cut20+ and cut23+ were thus identified...
- Matsumura T, Yuasa T, Hayashi T, Obara T, Kimata Y, Yanagida M. A brute force postgenome approach to identify temperature-sensitive mutations that negatively interact with separase and securin plasmids. Genes Cells. 2003;8:341-55 pubmed..Gene cloning established that these mutants were defective in either the subunits (Cut9, Cut23, Cut20 or Apc10) of APC (anaphase promoting complex)/cyclosome or Cut8, a regulator for 26S proteasome localization...
- Fulop K, Tarayre S, Kelemen Z, Horvath G, Kevei Z, Nikovics K, et al. Arabidopsis anaphase-promoting complexes: multiple activators and wide range of substrates might keep APC perpetually busy. Cell Cycle. 2005;4:1084-92 pubmed..These data indicate the existence of numerous APC(Cdc20/Ccs52/Cdc27) forms in Arabidopsis, which in conjunction with different E2 enzymes might have distinct or complementary functions at distinct stages of the cell cycle. ..
- Elmore Z, Beckley J, Chen J, Gould K. Histone H2B ubiquitination promotes the function of the anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. G3 (Bethesda). 2014;4:1529-38 pubmed publisher..transferase (SAGA) complex associated DUB, suppressed temperature-sensitive phenotypes of APC/C mutants cut9-665, lid1-6, cut4-533, and slp1-362...