Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: cut2
Description: securin cut2
Alias: SPBC1815.02c, securin cut2
Species: fission yeast
- Kimata Y, Kitamura K, Fenner N, Yamano H. Mes1 controls the meiosis I to meiosis II transition by distinctly regulating the anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome coactivators Fzr1/Mfr1 and Slp1 in fission yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:1486-94 pubmed publisher..Thus Mes1 interacts with two coactivators in a different way to control the activity of the APC/C required for the meiosis I/meiosis II transition...
- Ikai N, Yanagida M. Cdc48 is required for the stability of Cut1/separase in mitotic anaphase. J Struct Biol. 2006;156:50-61 pubmed..the phenotypic similarity and the rescue of cdc48 mutant by overproduced Cut1/separase, the levels of Cut1 and also Cut2 are diminished in cdc48 mutant. We show that the stability of Cut1 during anaphase requires Cdc48...
- Tatebe H, Yanagida M. Cut8, essential for anaphase, controls localization of 26S proteasome, facilitating destruction of cyclin and Cut2. Curr Biol. 2000;10:1329-38 pubmed..are respectively required for polyubiquitination and degradation of mitotic cyclin and anaphase inhibitor Cut2 (Pds1/securin)...
- Funabiki H, Yamano H, Kumada K, Nagao K, Hunt T, Yanagida M. Cut2 proteolysis required for sister-chromatid seperation in fission yeast. Nature. 1996;381:438-41 pubmed..Here we report the anaphase-specific proteolysis of the Schizosaccharomyces pombe Cut2 protein, which is essential for sister-chromatid separation...
- Grallert B, Sipiczki M. Common genes and pathways in the regulation of the mitotic and meiotic cell cycles of Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Curr Genet. 1991;20:199-204 pubmed..The meiotic function of cdc13 is TBZ-sensitive and probably exerted downstream of cdc2. Single mutants in cut1 or cut2 did not effect sporulation, whereas the double mutant cut1 cut2 formed two-spored asci...
- Kawasaki Y, Nagao K, Nakamura T, Yanagida M. Fission yeast MAP kinase is required for the increased securin-separase interaction that rescues separase mutants under stresses. Cell Cycle. 2006;5:1831-9 pubmed..Fission yeast securin/Cut2 and separase/Cut1 that form the complex are essential for viability and a number of temperature-sensitive (ts) ..
- Kearsey S, Stevenson A, Toda T, Wang S. Fission yeast Cut8 is required for the repair of DNA double-strand breaks, ribosomal DNA maintenance, and cell survival in the absence of Rqh1 helicase. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:1558-67 pubmed..pombe. ..
- Ikai N, Nakazawa N, Hayashi T, Yanagida M. The reverse, but coordinated, roles of Tor2 (TORC1) and Tor1 (TORC2) kinases for growth, cell cycle and separase-mediated mitosis in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Open Biol. 2011;1:110007 pubmed publisher..Surprisingly, separase/cut1-securin/cut2 mutants were rescued by TORC1/tor2-L2048S mutation or rapamycin addition or even Fkh1 deletion, whereas these ..