Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: cdc48
Description: AAA family ATPase Cdc48
Alias: SPAC6F12.01, AAA family ATPase Cdc48
Species: fission yeast
- Deng L, Kabeche R, Wang N, Wu J, Moseley J. Megadalton-node assembly by binding of Skb1 to the membrane anchor Slf1. Mol Biol Cell. 2014;25:2660-8 pubmed publisher..We propose a mechanism for higher-order node formation by Skb1 and Slf1, with implications for macromolecular assemblies in diverse cell types. ..
- Marinova I, Engelbrecht J, Ewald A, Langholm L, Holmberg C, Kragelund B, et al. Single site suppressors of a fission yeast temperature-sensitive mutant in cdc48 identified by whole genome sequencing. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0117779 pubmed publisherThe protein called p97 in mammals and Cdc48 in budding and fission yeast is a homo-hexameric, ring-shaped, ubiquitin-dependent ATPase complex involved in a range of cellular functions, including protein degradation, vesicle fusion, DNA ..
- Lucena R, Dephoure N, Gygi S, Kellogg D, Tallada V, Daga R, et al. Nucleocytoplasmic transport in the midzone membrane domain controls yeast mitotic spindle disassembly. J Cell Biol. 2015;209:387-402 pubmed publisher..We show that, during anaphase B, Imp1-mediated transport of the AAA-ATPase Cdc48 protein at the MMD allows this disassembly factor to localize at the spindle midzone, thereby promoting spindle ..
- Burr R, Ribbens D, Raychaudhuri S, Stewart E, Ho J, Espenshade P. Dsc E3 ligase localization to the Golgi requires the ATPase Cdc48 and cofactor Ufd1 for activation of sterol regulatory element-binding protein in fission yeast. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:16333-16350 pubmed publisher..protease Rbd2, and the essential ATPases associated with diverse cellular activities (AAA+) ATPase Cdc48. The soluble SREBP N-terminal transcription factor domain is then released into the cytosol to enter the nucleus ..
- Cheung R, Espenshade P. Structural requirements for sterol regulatory element-binding protein (SREBP) cleavage in fission yeast. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:20351-60 pubmed publisher..These cleavage mutants will aid identification of the fungal SREBP protease and facilitate functional dissection of the Dsc E3 ligase required for SREBP activation and fungal pathogenesis...
- Hwang J, Espenshade P. Proximity-dependent biotin labelling in yeast using the engineered ascorbate peroxidase APEX2. Biochem J. 2016;473:2463-9 pubmed publisher..The methods described herein set the stage for large-scale proteomic studies in yeast. With modifications, the method is also expected to be effective in other organisms with cell walls, such as bacteria and plants. ..
- Ogiso Y, Sugiura R, Kamo T, Yanagiya S, Lu Y, Okazaki K, et al. Lub1 participates in ubiquitin homeostasis and stress response via maintenance of cellular ubiquitin contents in fission yeast. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:2324-31 pubmed..Also Cdc48, a stress-induced chaperon-like essential ATPase, was found to interact with Lub1, and this association might ..