Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: cdc20
Description: DNA polymerase epsilon catalytic subunit Pol2
Alias: pol2, DNA polymerase epsilon catalytic subunit Pol2
Species: fission yeast
- Dahlén M, Sunnerhagen P, Wang T. Replication proteins influence the maintenance of telomere length and telomerase protein stability. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:3031-42 pubmed..Thus, mutation of a component of the replication complex can affect the telomeric complex in maintaining both telomere length equilibrium and telomerase protein stability. ..
- Mochida S, Esashi F, Aono N, Tamai K, O Connell M, Yanagida M. Regulation of checkpoint kinases through dynamic interaction with Crb2. EMBO J. 2004;23:418-28 pubmed..Hyperphosphorylation of Crb2 is also dependent on its intact BRCT. Finally, we show direct interaction between Rad3 and Crb2, which is inhibitory to Rad3 activity. Hence, Crb2 is the first to interact with both Rad3 and Chk1 kinases. ..
- Grenon M, Tillit J, Piard K, Baldacci G, Francesconi S. The S/M checkpoint at 37 degrees C and the recovery of viability of the mutant poldeltats3 require the crb2+/rhp9+ gene in fission yeast. Mol Gen Genet. 1999;260:522-34 pubmed..Finally, both the crb2 deletion and the crb2-1 allele induced a rapid death phenotype in the poldeltats3 background at both 30 degrees C and 37 degrees C. The rapid death phenotype was independent of the checkpoint functions. ..
- Handa T, Kanke M, Takahashi T, Nakagawa T, Masukata H. DNA polymerization-independent functions of DNA polymerase epsilon in assembly and progression of the replisome in fission yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:3240-53 pubmed publisher..for the viability of fission and budding yeasts, the N-terminal polymerase domain of the catalytic subunit, Cdc20/Pol2, is dispensable for viability, leaving the following question: what is the essential role(s) of Pol ?? In ..
- Saka Y, Esashi F, Matsusaka T, Mochida S, Yanagida M. Damage and replication checkpoint control in fission yeast is ensured by interactions of Crb2, a protein with BRCT motif, with Cut5 and Chk1. Genes Dev. 1997;11:3387-400 pubmed..Moreover, moderate overexpression of Chk1 suppresses the phenotypes of cut5 and crb2 mutants. Cut5, Crb2, and Chk1 thus may form a checkpoint sensor-transmitter pathway to arrest the cell cycle. ..
- Doamekpor S, Schwer B, Sanchez A, Shuman S, Lima C. Fission yeast RNA triphosphatase reads an Spt5 CTD code. RNA. 2015;21:113-23 pubmed publishermRNA capping enzymes are directed to nascent RNA polymerase II (Pol2) transcripts via interactions with the carboxy-terminal domains (CTDs) of Pol2 and transcription elongation factor Spt5...
- Gonzalez M, He H, Sun S, Li C, Li F. Cell cycle-dependent deposition of CENP-A requires the Dos1/2-Cdc20 complex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:606-11 pubmed publisher..Here we show that the Dos1/2-Cdc20 complex, previously characterized as a silencing complex essential for inheritance of H3K9 methylation during S ..
- Snaith H, Forsburg S. Rereplication phenomenon in fission yeast requires MCM proteins and other S phase genes. Genetics. 1999;152:839-51 pubmed..Thus rereplication in fission yeast mimics the DNA synthesis of normal S phase, and the inability to rereplicate provides an excellent assay for novel S-phase mutants. ..
- Roseaulin L, Noguchi C, Martinez E, Ziegler M, Toda T, Noguchi E. Coordinated degradation of replisome components ensures genome stability upon replication stress in the absence of the replication fork protection complex. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003213 pubmed publisher..We also suggest that this program prevents inappropriate duplication of the genome, which in turn contributes to the preservation of genomic integrity...
- Sugino A, Ohara T, Sebastian J, Nakashima N, Araki H. DNA polymerase epsilon encoded by cdc20+ is required for chromosomal DNA replication in the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Genes Cells. 1998;3:99-110 pubmed..We have cloned and sequenced S. pombe pol2+, which is identical to the cell-cycle gene cdc20+, encoding the catalytic polypeptide of DNA polymerase epsilon (Pol epsilon)...
- Locovei A, Spiga M, Tanaka K, Murakami Y, D URSO G. The CENP-B homolog, Abp1, interacts with the initiation protein Cdc23 (MCM10) and is required for efficient DNA replication in fission yeast. Cell Div. 2006;1:27 pubmed..However, no delay is observed when cells are released from an early S phase arrest induced by hydroxyurea suggesting that Abp1 functions prior to, or coincident with, the initiation of DNA replication. ..
- Win T, Stevenson A, Wang S. Fission yeast Cid12 has dual functions in chromosome segregation and checkpoint control. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:4435-47 pubmed..To account for the effects of Cid12 on various aspects of DNA metabolism, including chromosome segregation and the checkpoint control, we suggest that Cid12 has dual functions in RNAi silencing and regulating mRNA stability. ..
- Jenik P, Jurkuta R, Barton M. Interactions between the cell cycle and embryonic patterning in Arabidopsis uncovered by a mutation in DNA polymerase epsilon. Plant Cell. 2005;17:3362-77 pubmed..The results uncover an interaction between the cell cycle and the processes that determine cell fate during plant embryogenesis. ..
- Schwer B, Ghosh A, Sanchez A, Lima C, Shuman S. Genetic and structural analysis of the essential fission yeast RNA polymerase II CTD phosphatase Fcp1. RNA. 2015;21:1135-46 pubmed publisher..regulate mRNA synthesis and processing by remodeling the carboxy-terminal domain (CTD) of RNA polymerase II (Pol2) to dynamically inscribe a Pol2 CTD code...
- Sczaniecka M, Feoktistova A, May K, Chen J, Blyth J, Gould K, et al. The spindle checkpoint functions of Mad3 and Mad2 depend on a Mad3 KEN box-mediated interaction with Cdc20-anaphase-promoting complex (APC/C). J Biol Chem. 2008;283:23039-47 pubmed publisher..The APC/C requires activators (Cdc20 or Cdh1) to efficiently recognize its substrates, which are specified by destruction (D box) and/or KEN box ..
- Kimata Y, Trickey M, Izawa D, Gannon J, Yamamoto M, Yamano H. A mutual inhibition between APC/C and its substrate Mes1 required for meiotic progression in fission yeast. Dev Cell. 2008;14:446-54 pubmed publisher..Consistently, a ternary complex, APC/C-Fizzy/Cdc20-Mes1, is stabilized by inhibiting Mes1 ubiquitylation...
- Tanaka H, Tanaka K, Murakami H, Okayama H. Fission yeast cdc24 is a replication factor C- and proliferating cell nuclear antigen-interacting factor essential for S-phase completion. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:1038-48 pubmed..These results indicate that Cdc24 is an RFC- and PCNA-interacting factor required for DNA replication and might serve as a target for regulation. ..
- Doamekpor S, Sanchez A, Schwer B, Shuman S, Lima C. How an mRNA capping enzyme reads distinct RNA polymerase II and Spt5 CTD phosphorylation codes. Genes Dev. 2014;28:1323-36 pubmed publisherInteractions between RNA guanylyltransferase (GTase) and the C-terminal domain (CTD) repeats of RNA polymerase II (Pol2) and elongation factor Spt5 are thought to orchestrate cotranscriptional capping of nascent mRNAs...
- Liu V, Bhaumik D, Wang T. Mutator phenotype induced by aberrant replication. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:1126-35 pubmed
- Nasmyth K, Nurse P. Cell division cycle mutants altered in DNA replication and mitosis in the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Mol Gen Genet. 1981;182:119-24 pubmed..A previously isolated mutant cdc 13.117 is also further described. This mutant becomes blocked in the middle of mitosis with apparently condensed chromosomes. ..
- Li F, Martienssen R, Cande W. Coordination of DNA replication and histone modification by the Rik1-Dos2 complex. Nature. 2011;475:244-8 pubmed publisher..Here we characterize a silencing complex in fission yeast that contains Dos2, Rik1, Mms19 and Cdc20 (the catalytic subunit of DNA polymerase-?)...
- Griffiths D, Uchiyama M, Nurse P, Wang T. A novel mutant allele of the chromatin-bound fission yeast checkpoint protein Rad17 separates the DNA structure checkpoints. J Cell Sci. 2000;113 ( Pt 6):1075-88 pubmed..unable to arrest mitosis following cell-cycle arrest with a temperature-sensitive DNA polymerase delta mutant, cdc20-M10...
- Forsburg S, Hodson J. Mitotic replication initiation proteins are not required for pre-meiotic S phase. Nat Genet. 2000;25:263-8 pubmed..Our results indicate that the process of replication initiation and checkpoint control may be fundamentally different in mitotic and meiotic cells. ..
- Tanaka K, Yonekawa T, Kawasaki Y, Kai M, Furuya K, Iwasaki M, et al. Fission yeast Eso1p is required for establishing sister chromatid cohesion during S phase. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:3459-69 pubmed..The C-terminal region acts to establish sister chromatid cohesion, and the N-terminal region presumably catalyzes translesion DNA synthesis when template DNA contains lesions that block regular DNA replication. ..