Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: bub3
Description: mitotic spindle checkpoint protein Bub3
Alias: mitotic spindle checkpoint protein Bub3
Species: fission yeast
- Mora Santos M, Hervás Aguilar A, Sewart K, Lancaster T, Meadows J, Millar J. Bub3-Bub1 Binding to Spc7/KNL1 Toggles the Spindle Checkpoint Switch by Licensing the Interaction of Bub1 with Mad1-Mad2. Curr Biol. 2016;26:2642-2650 pubmed publisher..Spindle checkpoint proteins, including Mad1, Mad2, Mad3 (BubR1), Bub1, Bub3, and Mph1 (Mps1), are recruited to unattached and/or tensionless kinetochores...
- Pidoux A, Richardson W, Allshire R. Sim4: a novel fission yeast kinetochore protein required for centromeric silencing and chromosome segregation. J Cell Biol. 2003;161:295-307 pubmed..Our analyses illustrate the fundamental link between silencing, chromatin structure, and kinetochore function, and establish defective silencing as a powerful approach for identifying proteins required to build a functional kinetochore. ..
- Asakawa K, Toya M, Sato M, Kanai M, Kume K, Goshima T, et al. Mal3, the fission yeast EB1 homologue, cooperates with Bub1 spindle checkpoint to prevent monopolar attachment. EMBO Rep. 2005;6:1194-200 pubmed..Double mutants between mal3 and a subset of checkpoint mutants, including bub1, bub3, mad3 and mph1, but not mad1 or mad2, show massive chromosome mis-segregation defects...
- Asakawa K, Kume K, Kanai M, Goshima T, Miyahara K, Dhut S, et al. The V260I mutation in fission yeast alpha-tubulin Atb2 affects microtubule dynamics and EB1-Mal3 localization and activates the Bub1 branch of the spindle checkpoint. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:1421-35 pubmed..missegregation and is synthetically lethal with deletions in a subset of spindle checkpoint genes including bub1, bub3, and mph1, but not with mad1, mad2, and mad3...
- Vanoosthuyse V, Meadows J, van der Sar S, Millar J, Hardwick K. Bub3p facilitates spindle checkpoint silencing in fission yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:5096-105 pubmed publisher..Surprisingly, a robust mitotic arrest is maintained in the majority of bub3 Delta cells, yet they die, suggesting that Bub3p is essential for successful checkpoint recovery...
- Yamagishi Y, Yang C, Tanno Y, Watanabe Y. MPS1/Mph1 phosphorylates the kinetochore protein KNL1/Spc7 to recruit SAC components. Nat Cell Biol. 2012;14:746-52 pubmed publisher..This phosphorylation promotes the in vitro binding to the Bub1-Bub3 complex, which is required for kinetochore-based SAC activation (Mad1-Mad2-Mad3 localization) and chromosome ..