Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: brc1
Description: BRCT domain protein Brc1
Alias: BRCT domain protein Brc1
Species: fission yeast
- S nchez A, Sharma S, Rozenzhak S, Roguev A, Krogan N, Chabes A, et al. Replication fork collapse and genome instability in a deoxycytidylate deaminase mutant. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:4445-54 pubmed publisher..requirements for proteins involved in recovery from replication fork collapse, including the ?H2AX-binding protein Brc1 and Mus81 Holliday junction resolvase...
- Zabrady K, Adamus M, Vondrova L, Liao C, Skoupilova H, Novakova M, et al. Chromatin association of the SMC5/6 complex is dependent on binding of its NSE3 subunit to DNA. Nucleic Acids Res. 2016;44:1064-79 pubmed publisher..Based on our results, we propose a model for loading of the SMC5/6 complex onto the chromatin. ..
- SÃ¡nchez A, Russell P. Ku stabilizes replication forks in the absence of Brc1. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0126598 pubmed publisher..In the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe, the DNA damage response protein Brc1 binds phospho-histone H2A (Î³H2A)-marked chromatin during S-phase, but how Brc1 protects genome integrity remains ..
- Cavero S, Limbo O, Russell P. Critical functions of Rpa3/Ssb3 in S-phase DNA damage responses in fission yeast. PLoS Genet. 2010;6:e1001138 pubmed publisher..From these studies we propose that Ssb3 plays a critical role in mediating RPA functions that are required for repair or tolerance of DNA lesions in S-phase. Rpa3 orthologs in humans and other species may have a similar function. ..
- Schonbrun M, Kolesnikov M, Kupiec M, Weisman R. TORC2 is required to maintain genome stability during S phase in fission yeast. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:19649-60 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that TORC2 is required for genome integrity. This may be relevant for the growing amount of evidence implicating TORC2 in cancer development...
- Lee S, Rozenzhak S, Russell P. ?H2A-binding protein Brc1 affects centromere function in fission yeast. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:1410-6 pubmed publisher..histone H2A on serine-128/-129 to create ?H2A in pericentromeric heterochromatin during S phase, which recruits Brc1 through its breast cancer gene 1 protein (BRCA1) C-terminal (BRCT) domains...
- Outwin E, Irmisch A, Murray J, O Connell M. Smc5-Smc6-dependent removal of cohesin from mitotic chromosomes. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:4363-75 pubmed publisher..In both cases, Separase overexpression bypasses the defect and restores cell viability, showing that defective cohesin removal is a major determinant of the mitotic lethality of Smc5-Smc6 mutants. ..
- Reubens M, Rozenzhak S, Russell P. Multi-BRCT Domain Protein Brc1 Links Rhp18/Rad18 and ?H2A To Maintain Genome Stability during S Phase. Mol Cell Biol. 2017;37: pubmed publisher..In the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe, the multi-BRCT domain protein Brc1, which is related to budding yeast Rtt107 and mammalian PTIP, plays an important role in maintaining ..