Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ase1
Description: antiparallel microtubule cross-linking factor Ase1
Alias: antiparallel microtubule cross-linking factor Ase1
Species: fission yeast
- Lucena R, Dephoure N, Gygi S, Kellogg D, Tallada V, Daga R, et al. Nucleocytoplasmic transport in the midzone membrane domain controls yeast mitotic spindle disassembly. J Cell Biol. 2015;209:387-402 pubmed publisher..Our findings illustrate how a separate membrane compartment supports spindle disassembly in the closed mitosis of fission yeast. ..
- Braun M, Lansky Z, Fink G, Ruhnow F, Diez S, Janson M. Adaptive braking by Ase1 prevents overlapping microtubules from sliding completely apart. Nat Cell Biol. 2011;13:1259-64 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that Ase1, a member of the conserved MAP65/PRC1 family of microtubule-bundling proteins, enables the formation of stable ..
- Lansky Z, Braun M, LÃ¼decke A, Schlierf M, ten Wolde P, Janson M, et al. Diffusible crosslinkers generate directed forces in microtubule networks. Cell. 2015;160:1159-68 pubmed publisher..Here, we experimentally demonstrate that diffusible microtubule crosslinkers of the Ase1/PRC1/Map65 family generate directed microtubule sliding when confined between partially overlapping microtubules...
- Laporte D, Courtout F, Pinson B, Dompierre J, Salin B, Brocard L, et al. A stable microtubule array drives fission yeast polarity reestablishment upon quiescence exit. J Cell Biol. 2015;210:99-113 pubmed publisher..Our work demonstrates that quiescent S. pombe cells assemble specific cytoskeleton structures that improve the swiftness of the transition back to proliferation. ..
- Namkung Y, Sibley D. Protein kinase C mediates phosphorylation, desensitization, and trafficking of the D2 dopamine receptor. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:49533-41 pubmed..These results indicate that PKC can mediate phosphorylation of the D2 DAR, resulting in both functional desensitization and receptor internalization. ..
- Courtheoux T, Gay G, Gachet Y, Tournier S. Ase1/Prc1-dependent spindle elongation corrects merotely during anaphase in fission yeast. J Cell Biol. 2009;187:399-412 pubmed publisher..provide in vivo evidence that correction of merotelic attachment in anaphase is tension dependent and requires an Ase1/Prc1-dependent mechanism that prevents spindle collapse and thus asymmetric division and/or the appearance of the ..
- Gupta S, Mana Capelli S, McLean J, Chen C, Ray S, Gould K, et al. Identification of SIN pathway targets reveals mechanisms of crosstalk between NDR kinase pathways. Curr Biol. 2013;23:333-8 pubmed publisher..Because the SIN and MOR are conserved in mammalian cells (Hippo and Ndr1/2 pathways, respectively), this work may provide important insight into how the activities of these essential pathways are coordinated...