Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: alp14
Description: microtubule polymerase alp14
Alias: mtc1, microtubule polymerase alp14
Species: fission yeast
- Garcia M, Vardy L, Koonrugsa N, Toda T. Fission yeast ch-TOG/XMAP215 homologue Alp14 connects mitotic spindles with the kinetochore and is a component of the Mad2-dependent spindle checkpoint. EMBO J. 2001;20:3389-401 pubmedThe TOG/XMAP215-related proteins play a role in microtubule dynamics at its plus end. Fission yeast Alp14, a newly identified TOG/XMAP215 family protein, is essential for proper chromosome segregation in concert with a second homologue ..
- Sato M, Vardy L, Angel Garcia M, Koonrugsa N, Toda T. Interdependency of fission yeast Alp14/TOG and coiled coil protein Alp7 in microtubule localization and bipolar spindle formation. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:1609-22 pubmedThe Dis1/TOG family plays a pivotal role in microtubule organization. In fission yeast, Alp14 and Dis1 share an essential function in bipolar spindle formation...
- Sato M, Okada N, Kakui Y, Yamamoto M, Yoshida M, Toda T. Nucleocytoplasmic transport of Alp7/TACC organizes spatiotemporal microtubule formation in fission yeast. EMBO Rep. 2009;10:1161-7 pubmed publisher..Here, we investigate the behaviour of Alp7 and its binding partner, Alp14/TOG, throughout the cell cycle...
- Al Bassam J, Kim H, Flor Parra I, Lal N, Velji H, Chang F. Fission yeast Alp14 is a dose-dependent plus end-tracking microtubule polymerase. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:2878-90 pubmed publisher..Here we show that Alp14, a XMAP215 orthologue in fission yeast, Schizosaccharomyces pombe, has properties of a MT polymerase...
- Tang N, Takada H, Hsu K, Toda T. The internal loop of fission yeast Ndc80 binds Alp7/TACC-Alp14/TOG and ensures proper chromosome attachment. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:1122-33 pubmed publisher..impaired localization of the microtubule-associated protein complex Alp7/transforming acidic coiled coil (TACC)-Alp14/tumor-overexpressed gene (TOG) to the mitotic kinetochore...
- Garcia M, Koonrugsa N, Toda T. Spindle-kinetochore attachment requires the combined action of Kin I-like Klp5/6 and Alp14/Dis1-MAPs in fission yeast. EMBO J. 2002;21:6015-24 pubmed..The TOG/XMAP215 family, Alp14 and Dis1 are known to stabilize microtubules and be required for the bivalent attachment of the kinetochore to the ..
- Tang N, Toda T. Alp7/TACC recruits kinesin-8-PP1 to the Ndc80 kinetochore protein for timely mitotic progression and chromosome movement. J Cell Sci. 2015;128:354-63 pubmed publisher..We propose that the recruitment of kinesin-8-PP1 to the kinetochore through Alp7/TACC interaction plays a crucial role in regulation of timely mitotic progression and chromosome movement during anaphase A. ..
- Laporte D, Courtout F, Pinson B, Dompierre J, Salin B, Brocard L, et al. A stable microtubule array drives fission yeast polarity reestablishment upon quiescence exit. J Cell Biol. 2015;210:99-113 pubmed publisher..Our work demonstrates that quiescent S. pombe cells assemble specific cytoskeleton structures that improve the swiftness of the transition back to proliferation. ..
- Hussmann F, Drummond D, Peet D, Martin D, Cross R. Alp7/TACC-Alp14/TOG generates long-lived, fast-growing MTs by an unconventional mechanism. Sci Rep. 2016;6:20653 pubmed publisherb>Alp14 is a TOG-family microtubule polymerase from S. pombe that tracks plus ends and accelerates their growth. To interrogate its mechanism, we reconstituted dynamically unstable single isoform S...
- Kerres A, Jakopec V, Fleig U. The conserved Spc7 protein is required for spindle integrity and links kinetochore complexes in fission yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:2441-54 pubmed..spc7 mutant phenotypes were partially rescued by extra alpha-tubulin or extra Mal2. Thus, Spc7 interacts genetically with the Mal2-containing Sim4 complex. ..
- Hou H, Zhou Z, Wang Y, Wang J, Kallgren S, Kurchuk T, et al. Csi1 links centromeres to the nuclear envelope for centromere clustering. J Cell Biol. 2012;199:735-44 pubmed publisher..These studies thus define a molecular link between the centromere and nuclear envelope that is responsible for centromere clustering...
- Xu X, Nakazawa N, Yanagida M. Condensin HEAT subunits required for DNA repair, kinetochore/centromere function and ploidy maintenance in fission yeast. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0119347 pubmed publisher..Five of these mutations reside in helix B of HEAT repeats. Two non-SMC condensin subunits, Cnd1 and Cnd3, are thus implicated in ploidy maintenance. ..