Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: adf1
Alias: cof1, cofilin
Species: fission yeast
- Nakano K, Kuwayama H, Kawasaki M, Numata O, Takaine M. GMF is an evolutionarily developed Adf/cofilin-super family protein involved in the Arp2/3 complex-mediated organization of the actin cytoskeleton. Cytoskeleton (Hoboken). 2010;67:373-82 pubmed publisherActin-depolymerizing factor (ADF)/cofilin is widely expressed in eukaryotes and plays a central role in reorganizing the actin cytoskeleton by disassembling actin filaments...
- Skau C, Kovar D. Fimbrin and tropomyosin competition regulates endocytosis and cytokinesis kinetics in fission yeast. Curr Biol. 2010;20:1415-22 pubmed publisher..the access of other essential proteins to filaments, including myosin motors, Arp2/3 complex, formin, and cofilin. It is therefore critical to establish mechanisms for regulating the actin filament binding of tropomyosin...
- Ti S, Pollard T. Purification of actin from fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe and characterization of functional differences from muscle actin. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:5784-92 pubmed publisher..These properties close the gap between the biochemistry and predictions made by mathematical models of endocytosis in S. pombe cells. ..
- Yamamoto T, Kobayashi Ooka Y, Zhou G, Kawamukai M. Identification and characterization of Csh3 as an SH3 protein that interacts with fission yeast Cap1. FEMS Yeast Res. 2015;15: pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that Cap1 in Schizo. pombe is a multifunctional protein that functions through interaction with Cap1 itself and other proteins including adenylyl cyclase, actin and Csh3. ..
- Chen Q, Pollard T. Actin filament severing by cofilin dismantles actin patches and produces mother filaments for new patches. Curr Biol. 2013;23:1154-62 pubmed publisher..We tested the proposal that cofilin severs actin filaments during endocytosis in fission yeast cells using a mutant cofilin defective in severing...
- Christensen J, Hocky G, Homa K, Morganthaler A, Hitchcock Degregori S, Voth G, et al. Competition between Tropomyosin, Fimbrin, and ADF/Cofilin drives their sorting to distinct actin filament networks. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..By focusing on the stabilizing protein tropomyosin Cdc8, bundling protein fimbrin Fim1, and severing protein coffin Adf1, we examined how their pairwise and collective interactions with actin filaments regulate their activity and ..