Gene Symbol: ygbT
Description: multifunctional endonuclease Cas1, CRISPR adaptation protein; DNA repair enzyme
Alias: ECK2750, JW2725, cas1
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Redding S, Sternberg S, Marshall M, Gibb B, Bhat P, Guegler C, et al. Surveillance and Processing of Foreign DNA by the Escherichia coli CRISPR-Cas System. Cell. 2015;163:854-65 pubmed publisher..elicit an alternative pathway that recruits a nuclease-inactive Cas3 through a mechanism that is dependent on the Cas1 and Cas2 proteins...
- Wright A, Liu J, Knott G, Doxzen K, Nogales E, Doudna J. Structures of the CRISPR genome integration complex. Science. 2017;357:1113-1118 pubmed publisherCRISPR-Cas systems depend on the Cas1-Cas2 integrase to capture and integrate short foreign DNA fragments into the CRISPR locus, enabling adaptation to new viruses...
- Westra E, van Houte S, Oyesiku Blakemore S, Makin B, Broniewski J, Best A, et al. Parasite Exposure Drives Selective Evolution of Constitutive versus Inducible Defense. Curr Biol. 2015;25:1043-9 pubmed publisher..Using a general theoretical model and experimental evolution, we tease apart the mechanism that drives their evolution and show that infection risk determines the relative investment in the two arms of defense. ..
- Yoganand K, Sivathanu R, Nimkar S, Anand B. Asymmetric positioning of Cas1-2 complex and Integration Host Factor induced DNA bending guide the unidirectional homing of protospacer in CRISPR-Cas type I-E system. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:367-381 pubmed publisher..The universally conserved Cas1 and Cas2 form an integration complex that is known to mediate the protospacer invasion into the CRISPR array...
- Moch C, Fromant M, Blanquet S, Plateau P. DNA binding specificities of Escherichia coli Cas1-Cas2 integrase drive its recruitment at the CRISPR locus. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:2714-2723 pubmed publisher..This integrative mechanism, called adaptation, needs both Cas1 and Cas2 proteins...